Clough Has Gone

Shuff264

He spent around 4 mill to get promoted but sold nearly 2 mill worth of players so really only spent 2-2.4 mill to get promoted. How much did clough spend?.

You also need to look at the players he can attract in the loan market, pulis could attract far better players than clough could.

I'm not having a go at clough, but to say pulis would be a worse manager is still a silly comment.

Clough's net spend while he was here was actually -500k (500k total profit).

• Replies 825
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have an idea that Nigel knew something was afoot last week.

In an interview when asked about the pressure Pearson was under as Leicester ,he said every manager is under pressure and liable to be sacked at any time, he went on to say that in time you get used to it, and just do your own thing.

The hypocrisy is all yours, Mostyn.

I supported Clough 100% when he was in charge - you didn't. I shall support the next manager 100% when he is appointed - your support will be conditional dependent upon whether the person appointed meets your arbitrary standards.

My only standard is that a manager needs to be able to get the best out of his players. The next manager will get my support until such a time it's evident that he's incapable of doing this!

Some of you are pretty nervous I'm sure that the next manager COULD turn THIS team of players into a winning side with some solid coaching and organisation, then you'll have to admit that you were wrong.

That said, I am nervous about the selection criteria and committee. I'd certainly hope that nobody is already in the pipeline. This job needs advertising properly and a proper review of applications conducted. The last two appointments haven't followed this process and for that very reason, we may have appointed the wrong man!

Up the Rams.

The Sunday People saying ' Derby County want McClaren back...' 

I have very mixed feelings about it IF its true, but it would be a real 'peice of business' by our board, to sack NC after his defeat leading to gloating by the inbreds...and on his 1st time back at Florist since his mum died, then to appoint the man who's record at florist is abysmal....

i think i'll keep my head down on Tues IF true,  cos the chat on here will be turbulent to say the least  :blink:

My only standard is that a manager needs to be able to get the best out of his players. The next manager will get my support until such a time it's evident that he's incapable of doing this!

Some of you are pretty nervous I'm sure that the next manager COULD turn THIS team of players into a winning side with some solid coaching and organisation, then you'll have to admit that you were wrong.

That said, I am nervous about the selection criteria and committee. I'd certainly hope that nobody is already in the pipeline. This job needs advertising properly and a proper review of applications conducted. The last two appointments haven't followed this process and for that very reason, we may have appointed the wrong man!

Up the Rams.

the process you allude to will not happen.

McClaren would make sense. Spoke to SR at the end of last season and he's keen for the club to follow a continental "Director of Football" model, something which McClaren has worked with and also wants to broaden our scouting network, again something McClaren has experience of having worked in Holland and Germany.

How nice Nigel Clough is or what he did when is mum died is neither here nor there. Putting himself before the club, or whatever piffle Savage has been on about, is irrelevant.

All that matters is his professional record. And that's pretty poor.

On a human level, it's sad that a nice person gets the sack. But if they are not very good at their job, it is necessary for the good of the organisation.

Up the Rams.

Biggest load of b*llocks I have ever read.

If someone came in and did that, we'd be praising the board & the new manager.

It doesn't change the fact that Nigel has laid the foundation. When he came we were a shambles, now we are a very attractive prospect.

Some people didn't like Clough. Some did. Get over it, he's gone.

Surely we're mature enough to accept that we had different opinions on our ex manager without making claims that some fans don't want success for the new manager, or didn't for our previous one.

McClaren would make sense. Spoke to SR at the end of last season and he's keen for the club to follow a continental "Director of Football" model, something which McClaren has worked with and also wants to broaden our scouting network, again something McClaren has experience of having worked in Holland and Germany.

At least he and Metgod would speak the same language !!

The only way we can move on is success, if we don't improve this season, then the board (who i've never slated like some) deserve all the criticism they'd get.

We've had too much instability and ugliness - the next move better be the right one or i'll be disgusted with this decision.

Let's hope it works out like it did with southampton and them sacking adkins.

Either way, the treatment of nigel's removal is poor.

We can talk about ability all you like and i really hope that our results do pick up with a more winning manager but some people value loyalty and dedication very high and therefore any faults can be withstood.

Ooh nice one sam....perhaps we could make a move for joe kinnear?

Archived