Clough Has Gone

Shuff264

• Replies 825
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's telling.

I always thought the Clough Out noises were getting louder and louder,

but it never, ever got to the point of the amount of 'sacking clough is a disgrace' noise currently - I can hold my head high, and say he has the backing of the fans.

It's not us that have made the decision, the americans/rush are absolutely accountable for what happens now. If we don't improve on last season, then Rush should walk for me. 

Yes, other than the axe-grinders on the football forums there always seemed to be an incredible amount of goodwill towards Clough from the fans. Even during the worst of times many either just kept quiet or muttered under their breath or let fly with a brief ‘boo’ at the end of a game.

Having Nigel Clough as manager also stopped the board getting slated and being held to account by fans as much as I might’ve expected given the years of ‘slow and sensible’ rhetoric. That wish to see Nigel Clough, son of Brian and fan of DCFC, taking us back to the PL probably gave the board just enough fan goodwill and tolerance to avoid more protests. I really don’t think it was their covering of the losses (it’s a football club, ffs) and their underfunded plans for promotion that did that.

Like everyone else I wish the new manager well and hope he gets given a fair chance. But I hope Sam Rush walks if no more money is made available for the new manager and we don’t make his target of top 6 or thereabouts this season.

Why is it that everyone says its rush should go if the next appointment fails surely its the whole lot them its not just down to sam rush is it.

Coincidentaly the clough family must shudder everytime they hear someone who is called sam.what a strange coincidence is that both gone by a sam and there aint that many sams about lol.

It's surprised me how sad I've felt at hearing the news of his sacking.  I was absolutely stunned last night.  I've never been his biggest fan, as I don't rate his tactics and his obsession with certain players.

However, I'm still sad it's not worked out - despite the differences between his way of doing things and my own footballing beliefs.  Ultimately, like me, he's a fan of this football club and only wanted what's best for it.

It's time to move on, but I wish him the best for the future.

Whilst I haven't pro-actively called for Nigel to go, it doesn't surprise me that the club have decided that enough's enough. That's fair enough, I don't really have any complaints about that. Doing it the way in which they have, is very disappointing IMO. If I were Nigel I'd probably be quite bitter towards DCFC now, in the same way he's been very bitter about NFFC due to the way that they treated Brian in the end. That's a shame in my book, for someone who loved the club, and the city.

Owen Bradley ‏@OwenBradley 8s

Can't get confirmation either way but it is my understanding that Nigel Clough's coaching staff have all left the club. #dcfcfans

Just seen this as well - guess the question is who's taking training on Monday and does it include Wassell. Not really surprised at the rest though, they were Nigel's men...

Archived