Clough Has Gone

Shuff264

• Replies 825
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i actually think a lot of people that have been demanding for clough to leave are shocked by the decision. if it makes you feel any better, a lot of forest fans aren't happy as nobody is talking about their win any more.

Ha ha,I bet Krankies doing his nut!

Sam Rush,PR guru extraordinaire

(Still peeved how this was done tho

I feel a bit of Derby County has died today.

Even though I wasn't totally convinced of Nigel's ability to take us up - I could see some progress & undoubtedly would have given him the rest of this season to get it right. How many teams have been amongst the "dead men" in Sep/Oct/Nov but still finished in the top 6? I'm still adamant we're not far away.

I'm very angry with the timing. With Nigel's history with both clubs, what an appalling day to sack him. How humiliating for the poor guy. Would another week have had a such a critically bad effect on the club?! Forest fans will be dining on this decision for the next 20 years & I don't blame them. Yet again, we're a bloody laughing stock. Might as well put some sodding sheep masks on the seats for Tuesday to complete the farce.

Worst of all is the end of a dream. Like many, I desperately wanted Nigel to succeed. I wanted him to take us up & then win the only trophy his old man never managed - the FA Cup. Its probably the death of that hope that is more painful than the reality.

Thanks Nigel for everything you did. We won't forget it & all the best.

p.s. to all the "know it all" gloating bores - I hope you choke on your celebratory pints. If it didn't harm the thing we both love (the club) so much, I'd almost hope for a shocking appointment like a Steve McClaren just to rubbish your bullsh*t theories & destroy the club Nigel has worked so hard to build

Very quick rant which is shortened down a lot as I am quite annoyed.

(This does not account to everyone, or a certain someone)

But a few weeks ago, there was threads everywhere saying "Clough out, what's he achieved in these five years?" He's cr@p etc etc. And to be frank I agreed with some not all.

And now he has gone, sure it was bad timing and all losing after the forest match. But I see ALOT of people in twitter, YouTube, radio having massive rants about the board. Saying "how could you sack him, bored out!"

They must be confused as hell. Last week clough out, this week board out. And no doubt it will carry on as people for some reason need something to moan about.

Under the wally with a brolly,(if he signs) we will still have that good flowing attacking football. If he was so bad why would he have been given the england job. So please just give the man a chance (again, if he gets the job)

Even though I wasn't totally convinced of Nigel's ability to take us up - I could see some progress & undoubtedly would have given him the rest of this season to get it right. How many teams have been amongst the "dead men" in Sep/Oct/Nov but still finished in the top 6? I'm still adamant we're not far away.

I'm very angry with the timing. With Nigel's history with both clubs, what an appalling day to sack him. How humiliating for the poor guy. Would another week have had a such a critically bad effect on the club?! Forest fans will be dining on this decision for the next 20 years & I don't blame them. Yet again, we're a bloody laughing stock. Might as well put some sodding sheep masks on the seats for Tuesday to complete the farce.

Worst of all is the end of a dream. Like many, I desperately wanted Nigel to succeed. I wanted him to take us up & then win the only trophy his old man never managed - the FA Cup. Its probably the death of that hope that is more painful than the reality.

p.s. to all the "know it all" gloating bores - I hope you choke on your celebratory pints. If it didn't harm the thing we both love (the club) so much, I'd almost hope for a shocking appointment like a Steve McClaren just to rubbish your bullsh*t theories & destroy the club Nigel has worked so hard to build

I'm choking on Jammie Dodgers. But I'm not celebrating, I'm just happy that we might just might move forward. Absolute perfect timing contrary to what most people on here think, I love Derby just as much as anybody on here. But I could see where this season was going already, we are far too inconsistent and we just bob around mid table again for another season it's not going to make fans happy, I think clough had done as much as he can. He has got a few decent players into that squad from the youth system. Just feel its time to make a change, feel free to rip my rubbish theories and thoughts apart! :)

Under the wally with a brolly,(if he signs) we will still have that good flowing attacking football. If he was so bad why would he have been given the england job. So please just give the man a chance (again, if he gets the job)

He got the job because the tabloid sports journos decided they didn't want anymore foreign managers after Sven.

At the time, it was a straight shoot out between him & Fat Sam Allardyce such was the paucity of English managerial talent in the Premiership. Even in that battle of the barely acceptable, Schteve won by a proverbial comb-over.

I'm choking on Jammie Dodgers. But I'm not celebrating, I'm just happy that we might just might move forward. Absolute perfect timing contrary to what most people on here think, I love Derby just as much as anybody on here. But I could see where this season was going already, we are far too inconsistent and we just bob around mid table again for another season it's not going to make fans happy, I think clough had done as much as he can. He has got a few decent players into that squad from the youth system. Just feel its time to make a change, feel free to rip my rubbish theories and thoughts apart! :)

To be honest, there's much worst offenders than yourself. I shan't name them - they're attention seekers by nature & would relish the name-drop. I'm personally saddened by Clough's exit & although I can understand why people might not be, I can't understand the gloating about a Derby fan & a decent man losing his job. Particularly with his family connections - whether that's being objective or not.

Obviously we're going to have to agree to disagree re the timing of the decision & the decision itself but respect for standing up for your beliefs.

To be honest, there's much worst offenders than yourself. I shan't name them - they're attention seekers by nature & would relish the name-drop. I'm personally saddened by Clough's exit & although I can understand why people might not be, I can't understand the gloating about a Derby fan & a decent man losing his job. Particularly with his family connections - whether that's being objective or not.

Obviously we're going to have to agree to disagree re the timing of the decision & the decision itself but respect for standing up for your beliefs.

Totally agree with you there, that's one reason I don't bother with twitter anymore. Feels just a bit more civilised on here. Thanks for the reply. We're all Derby whether we agree with each other or not, and at end of day. It would be boring if we all agreed! :)

p.s. to all the "know it all" gloating bores - I hope you choke on your celebratory pints. If it didn't harm the thing we both love (the club) so much, I'd almost hope for a shocking appointment like a Steve McClaren just to rubbish your bullsh*t theories & destroy the club Nigel has worked so hard to build

How humiliating for him?? In what way is it humiliating, done an average job for five years and been handsomely paid for it. "a little piece of derby county died today" are you joking? Might be the most melodramatic thing I've ever read!

Personally feel this is a really positive move for the club and a statement of intent, basically mediocrity will no longer be tolerated. We are going all out in our pursuit of promotion. I am not huge fans of gse but I genuinely think we may splash some cash in January if not beforehand in the loan market. The owners will only ever make money when this club is in the premiership! It looks like it will take money to get there

How humiliating for him?? In what way is it humiliating, done an average job for five years and been handsomely paid for it. "a little piece of derby county died today" are you joking? Might be the most melodramatic thing I've ever read!

If you can't understand why it might be humiliating for a man to be sacked after a match involving 2 clubs that have played such a large part in his & his family's life then frankly you have very little empathy with anything, let alone this club & its history.

You're spectacularly missing the point by talking about him "being paid handsomely" for the job as if that should be in anyway relevant. And just for info, its commonly accepted he is (was) one of the lowest paid managers in this division.

My thought's exactly. Haven't said it out loud on here as it were, in case I got a verbal hammering, or being looked on as being soft and ridiculous.

Have felt the same since the news broke yesterday, something now is not the same and never will be again.

My thought's exactly. Haven't said it out loud on here as it were, in case I got a verbal hammering, or being looked on as being soft and ridiculous.

Have felt the same since the news broke yesterday, something now is not the same and never will be again.

I suppose our opinions prove that there is room for sentimentalism in football. It doesn't all have to be about cash, "being a brand", "I hope one day we get 17th in the Premiership" blah blah blah

Its strange because I wasn't around in the 70's but the name means as much to me as I dare say it did to someone who grew up on the terraces during that era. Fans from other clubs recognise it too - it makes us special in my opinion. Forest too.

Archived