Clough Has Gone

Shuff264

Eddie where have you been . Your reaction is predictable. Can't knock you for that. Forget the romance get behind the team . After all I've had to get behind Clough for the last 5 years with gritted teeth. RAMS4LIFE

I was banned for a month for typing, in exasperation in reply to a troll, "Oh, **** off", and I'm still not happy about it.

The timing of Clough's departure was crass, thoughtless and typical of the administration running the show. Perhaps it's the romantic in me that dearly wanted Clough to take us up one day, because I was there protesting for Brian's return back in the old days. The day Mackay was appointed, I backed the new man 100%

I'll be there on Tuesday, and as soon as the new manager gets appointed, then I shall support him until the day he leaves. No gritted teeth - despite everything.

So my reaction was predictable, was it?

• Replies 825
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All you traitors that think the name Clough is more important than Derby County FC will be able to piss off and support him he takes over at Notts Forest.

Oh hang on, that's assuming anyone higher than league 2 would ever employ him!

You know I was looking around a few other teams forums and most other clubs fans have a high opinion of Nigel and they blame the financial support on why our progress is so slow.

Just thought I'd throw that out there. A different perspective. He's seen from outside as a good manager

Distasteful. Clough has never been more important than the club. Incidentally, I thought the last year or two he hasn't been good enough, difference is most have a bit more respect for the man and would have wanted a bit less of a callous exit. There are more important things than football results, its what a football club represents. What Derby did last night was sly and I didn't like it, regardless of Nigel's abilities.

Whoosh, I think. Mostyn's on a leg-pull.

One thing I'm confused by, is that the outcry over this seems larger than the one when Burley left.

Bare in mind he took us to the playoffs on even less money.

Thats the problem.......deluded people think it is possible to achieve the play offs and fluke promotion whilst spending sod all.

I can't believe you follow Niall from one direction

I dont i saw it on another forum, and it made me smile that the lad was so angry..... and i remember the appleby thing.... so i put the two together to try to cheer myself up, cos in truth i have some sympathy with this article below , and i was actually wanting to have a snipe at the board too, with my post about Appleby

.http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/derbycounty/news/32955/?

I just cannot get my head around why Clough is more important than the club. Whenever I was critical of him it was in his role as manager of the TEAM I support and love.

All this proves is people were in support of him for sentimental reasons and never football reasons and this quite clearly is hypocritical.

I was regularly called a wrist slasher but looking at this thread raises a few eyebrows.

There's NEVER a good time to sack someone, and yes it should have been two years ago in close season, but it's done. The torture is over and I'm looking forward to being enthusiastic again!

That is Harsh, Mostyn, he will get another job in the championship, a team like we were 4 1/2 years ago, spending too much on wages and players not performing, similar to Bolton at the moment, if Freedman is next to go I wouldn't be surprised to see Clough given the job.

Except I don't think he wants another job in the Championship, or one that is outside of the Midlands. As has been said, his goal here was not to advance his career, it was to be a sccess with Derby... and to stay here as long as possible, being a success.

He took the job because it was close to home, he could continue his family and professional lives without having to move away from the area.

If he does move on he'll be looking to go to a local team, and yes probably one at league one or league two level, he might even go back down to the conference, but not because that's his level (which is average to good Championship) - anyone judging his managerial ability based on who employs him next is being pretty shortsighted

All you traitors that think the name Clough is more important than Derby County FC will be able to piss off and support him he takes over at Notts Forest.

Oh hang on, that's assuming anyone higher than league 2 would ever employ him!

You, of all people, i thought would be happy today.....enjoy it mostyn, go for a walk in the fresh air and whistle, you've hoped and prayed for this day for nearly 5 years, why the anger?

You don't need to spend shed loads to get promoted or even in the playoffs if you have a good manager. For me the fact that Millwall who are a rubbish side and we thumped are now on the same points as us and that a newly promoted side in Bournemouth are already above us & we are already 7 points off the playoffs, this is I think the reason he lost his job. Why wait till xmas when we could of been 15-20 points away.

At least now we can give someone a chance to come in and make his mark on the team.

Eddie I know you rate Clough highly. I I want DCFC to succeed as we all do.

I repeat the club is the biggest thing

Like I said, my reaction was predictable, was it?

I support the person in charge 100%,whoever it is. Fascists with tattoos of Mussolini notwithstanding.

Hi Guys - ITFC fan and I come in peace. I just wanted to add my shock at seeing the news about Nigel Clough - and although there appears to be very divided opinions about this outcome on here, I just want to say that I think this is a shocking decision by a board without much feel for what Derby County FC is really all about (surprisingly, just like my own team and many others these days). I have nothing best respect for both Derby County FC and the whole Clough family.

I can remember those great days of visiting your old mud hole .... oooops, sorry, I meant your old ground in the '70s when we were two of the better footballing sides in the country under Messrs Brian Clough and Sir Bobby Robson.

Anyway, all the best for the rest of the season, and I hope Tuesday's game is a great game of football to honour what clubs like DCFC and ITFC are really all about (although I'm obviously hoping we come out on top!).

Come on you true Rams and us true Blues!   :D

Hi Guys - ITFC fan and I come in peace. I just wanted to add my shock at seeing the news about Nigel Clough - and although there appears to be very divided opinions about this outcome on here, I just want to say that I think this is a shocking decision by a board without much feel for what Derby County FC is really all about (surprisingly, just like my own team and many others these days). I have nothing best respect for both Derby County FC and the whole Clough family.

I can remember those great days of visiting your old mud hole .... oooops, sorry, I meant your old ground in the '70s when we were two of the better footballing sides in the country under Messrs Brian Clough and Sir Bobby Robson.

Anyway, all the best for the rest of the season, and I hope Tuesday's game is a great game of football to honour what clubs like DCFC and ITFC are really all about (although I'm obviously hoping we come out on top!).

Come on you true Rams and us true Blues!   :D

Good lad, well said.

I just cannot get my head around why Clough is more important than the club. Whenever I was critical of him it was in his role as manager of the TEAM I support and love.

All this proves is people were in support of him for sentimental reasons and never football reasons and this quite clearly is hypocritical.

I was regularly called a wrist slasher but looking at this thread raises a few eyebrows.

There's NEVER a good time to sack someone, and yes it should have been two years ago in close season, but it's done. The torture is over and I'm looking forward to being enthusiastic again!

The hypocrisy is all yours, Mostyn.

I supported Clough 100% when he was in charge - you didn't. I shall support the next manager 100% when he is appointed - your support will be conditional dependent upon whether the person appointed meets your arbitrary standards.

You, of all people, i thought would be happy today.....enjoy it mostyn, go for a walk in the fresh air and whistle, you've hoped and prayed for this day for nearly 5 years, why the anger?

I wanted the humble pie of Clough being a success. Why oh why didn't the stubborn idiot restructure his coaching staff and bring in a proper number two! All those that say he's put the club first are talking rubbish, he put himself and his mates first.

I'm feeling deflated that something I wanted so badly, for various reasons, like honouring his recently deceased mother and his association with Notts Forest, will not now happen.

But let's be right here, it's NOT GSE's fault, it's NOT the fans' fault! It's NOT Rush's fault or the investor's faults. It was just not going to happen and people now need to accept it.

Except I don't think he wants another job in the Championship, or one that is outside of the Midlands. As has been said, his goal here was not to advance his career, it was to be a sccess with Derby... and to stay here as long as possible, being a success.

He took the job because it was close to home, he could continue his family and professional lives without having to move away from the area.

If he does move on he'll be looking to go to a local team, and yes probably one at league one or league two level, he might even go back down to the conference, but not because that's his level (which is average to good Championship) - anyone judging his managerial ability based on who employs him next is being pretty shortsighted

Only time will tell. Just saying it wouldn't surprise me.

I want someone with passion for the club alot of the youth players are worried about whether the pathway is still going to be there.

We dont want to pick a name from the list of managers who want to revive their career as they will jump ship if they are doing okay to get a higher job.

Why not this man below or Promote darren wassell.

1. @InigoIdiakez for Derby manager?! Better than the majority or the names we have been linked with!

2. Tweet text

Image will appear as a link
  3. @InigoIdiakez we want a manager who plays football the right way and who is passionate about the club! You know what this club means to fans

Archived