Clough Has Gone

Shuff264

Thank the FOOOOOOOOK hes been sacked, he was taking us nowhere, he was constantly criticising individual players in public and had a **** style of management, its made my weekend and i hope he takes the rest of the coaching bag of sh1te with him

Shame you feel so happy that its ended this way about a man that loved the club.

• Replies 825
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sean Taylor ‏@SEANTAYLORpress1m

Just spoke to the agent of 2 Derby players who told me there's some anger in the dressing room at decision to sack Clough #dcfc #dcfcfans

Well the players only have themselves to blame, score more than you concede and Nigel stays. Maybe they might concentrate better in future when defending, leaving Hobbs yesterday was criminal.

People comparing him leaving to Brian shows the power of the name. No other manager from the conference would get the derby job and be able to sit mid table for 5 years if he didn't have the clough name. It was a dream he could replicate his farther but sadly he couldn't.

To compare this to when his farther left and we we had been champions of England is madness.

Personally, this season so far has been the final straw for me with Clough. He's done a brilliant - no, outstanding job with peanuts to spend initially but at the end of the day he just gets outwitted by other managers far too often. We seem clueless at home and despite creating next to nothing yesterday, Clough thought the performance was okay. His criticisms of players seemed irrational and inconsistent. However, he is the man who has found stability for the worst team in the history of English football. For that, he will always be remembered in my eyes as a success and the perfect man for the job at the time. We just need something different now.

However, if you are somehow revelling in this decision or dancing around and laughing, then hang your head in shame. No matter what your opinion on Clough's ability or style as a manager, he wanted exactly the same thing as all of us and he worked tirelessly to get it. This hasn't just been his life for four years, it's been his life since he was born. In a way, it's tragic that the Clough family still has unfinished business at the club and if you had even a shred of empathy you could understand what a massive impact this will have on the man's life. Especially after playing Forest, and losing his mother recently.

I don't think Clough was good enough as an all-round manager in the end, but you know what? I couldn't be happier to be proved wrong.

I really hope he bounces back, learns from his mistakes and finds success elsewhere in football. And you've also got  to spare a thought for the whole Clough family.

Rams fan Niall Horan.tweeted on @NiallOfficial: "Just found out derby have sacked Nigel Clough! That board make me sick. What do you expect a manager t do with no money! Fools."

No free tickets for concerts for Appleby then......

Save us from these cowboys Niall. I wouldn't mind your songs at every throw in, just save us? One day?

Red Dog in peace.  I am shocked by this. I thought you played well yesterday in a match that could have gone either way. You have had the better of us to say the least in recent years at our place and yours and we were due to get one back. 

In general though I thought he was always moving things forward for you on  limited budget and stopped you going to the third tier a couple of times.  Barring a bad week you had been doing well I thought.

I feel sorry for him.

Sorry just my two penneth.

Totally agree Tony Pulis would be our worst ever manager

What a ridiculous comment. So your saying a manager that got an average side promoted AND competed well in the premier league for a number of years AND could attract England internationals would be worse than Jewell, Davies, clough, brown?.

Yes Pulis's teams play tough and direct football, but what people forget is that they still played some good stuff most games. Even the pundits on motd and other footy related progs used to say they didn't get the credit for the good football they can and did play.

I would welcome Pulis as i'm sure with a couple of additions he would get this team promoted AND keep them there.

What a ridiculous comment. So your saying a manager that got an average side promoted AND competed well in the premier league for a number of years AND could attract England internationals would be worse than Jewell, Davies, clough, brown?.

Yes Pulis's teams play tough and direct football, but what people forget is that they still played some good stuff most games. Even the pundits on motd and other footy related progs used to say they didn't get the credit for the good football they can and did play.

I would welcome Pulis as i'm sure with a couple of additions he would get this team promoted AND keep them there.

He would be the worst manager for OUR situation he spent money to get up and alot to stay up we dont have money.

not ignoring anything, facts are facts we are losing more than we were winning under every season under him, totally ludicrous to say we are throwing him out like trash, like I say results based business. No place for sentimental values anymore in football. And I would agree with you that's sad

As far as I am concerned, the only thing that was left as far as supporting Derby County was concerned WERE the sentimental values. I don't support a business - I support a football club with a deep history of doing things right for and on behalf of the people of Derby.

Or at least I thought I did.

Archived