Clough Has Gone

Shuff264

absoulutely and completely pointless decision that wil see us go mfdown hill rapidly. shame on the club and makes the whole season completely worthless now. will bve lucky to stay up at this point. sorrhy, but very depressed and cant see where this will lead to anything but an unhappy place. cloughs team and and with no reasonable level of financial back up i just cant see how much better he could have done, completely ridiculous.

what next di canio for ffk;s sake!

Sorry mate, but you are so wrong. Clough was dire in his management and personality. We need re designing as a club to bring back the supporters. It is not a business, it's a sport.

• Replies 825
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right, Im off to bed, didn't think I'd be up this late win or lose but things took a different turn.

Whatever happens, I'll always be Derby and proud - it's not really an option is it but we're all here, for the same thing. 

There's a bitter taste after today, in more ways than one but we're here to fight another day, whatever tomorrow brings, we'll always be Derby fans, there will always be someone with a different opinion, a different take on things, but that's good.

We're on a different road now, but we're in it together, just like always.  It aint ever easy for us rams is it? but it's always eventful.

Thanks Nigel.

Night.

I dont understand what the big issue is with the board sacking Clough they obviously think hes underperforming so just like in any walk of life they get rid. Whats so alien about that? And whatever people think its the boards opinion that counts theyre the ones covering 7 million quid of debt every year.

Wow, you really aren't that bright are you?

The board employed Clough, knowing of the connection him and his family have to Derby County. In fact they used that to their advantage to keep the fans quiet, and now he's been thrown aside like he was any other normal manager. But he isn't...he wasn't. He was the son of our greatest legend, a Clough, not just anybody you can throw away once you're bored of him. And that's what they've done. They have destroyed part of the Clough-Derby relationship. If they were always willing to sack him in this manner then they should have never given him a contract in the first place, nevermind an extension.

Right, Im off to bed, didn't think I'd be up this late win or lose but things took a different turn.

Whatever happens, I'll always be Derby and proud - it's not really an option is it but we're all here, for the same thing. 

There's a bitter taste after today, in more ways than one but we're here to fight another day, whatever tomorrow brings, we'll always be Derby fans, there will always be someone with a different opinion, a different take on things, but that's good.

We're on a different road now, but we're in it together, just like always.  It aint ever easy for us rams is it? but it's always eventful.

Thanks Nigel.

Night.

very true, managers, chairpeople, players... they come and go but the support just get older as new generations are added. :)

I'm sure I'm not alone in thinking the only way Clough was going to leave was by his own means.

A big reason many have backed Clough HAS been that they can't think of a suitable alternative who would be available and willing to work on a budget, so it's been easy to defend our slow (but evident) progress, but I think deep down a lot of people have been struggling to see just how we could possibly advance beyond the point we find ourselves at NOW, which has only be confounded by a failure to beat the same sort of teams we failed to beat last season, making the same mistakes.

Certainly, I couldn't see us challenging for a top six with the lack of progress in this area this season, just as I can't see us challenging under a new manager who can't build his own team.

The fear of the unknown has, though, been too easy to use as excuse, a crutch for not wanting to make the change, but now that we have been forced to face it the only option I see is to take stock in what has been achieved, be thankful for that, but also to  embrace the change - whichever way it takes us.

It's scary, I have no idea where we go from here, but something had to give.

Wow, you really aren't that bright are you?

The board employed Clough, knowing of the connection him and his family have to Derby County. In fact they used that to their advantage to keep the fans quiet, and now he's been thrown aside like he was any other normal manager. But he isn't...he wasn't. He was the son of our greatest legend, a Clough, not just anybody you can throw away once you're bored of him. And that's what they've done. They have destroyed part of the Clough-Derby relationship. If they were always willing to sack him in this manner then they should have never given him a contract in the first place, nevermind an extension.

sorry but business over sentiment happens in all walks of work life. Nothing's been destroyed here, I'm no fan of the board. But it's a results business. We could argue until the cows come home as to investment etc. But cloughy was the manager and he picked the team. It's a results business and this year was really make or break. Respect your opinions regarding the name etc but that doesn't work in business anymore. Sad we're talking about football as business I know but that's where we are now in this day and age.

Absolutely made up with this decision, just a shame it's 18 months later than most of us wanted. My only concern is what the new manager will do with the current set off cloggers like sammon, bryson, by buxton etc

Yep, we've all been propaganda'd into believing that we're a good club / side. Bring on a powerful personality / manager.

sorry but business over sentiment happens in all walks of work life. Nothing's been destroyed here, I'm no fan of the board. But it's a results business. We could argue until the cows come home as to investment etc. But cloughy was the manager and he picked the team. It's a results business and this year was really make or break. Respect your opinions regarding the name etc but that doesn't work in business anymore. Sad we're talking about football as business I know but that's where we are now in this day and age.

Ignore the part where I said they shouldn't have hired him in the first place if they were so willing to throw him away with the trash.

Archived