John Eustace

DcFc Dyycheee

Clough is so anti youngsters. The players he puts out are ridiculously old. Mason Bennett at 15, way too old. What about Will Hughes? 16, past it. Needs to get rid of the likes of Ball, Hendrick, OB, Hughes, Bennett, Freeman, Hoganson, Gjokaj as Clough aint got a clue how to bring through youngsters.

:ph34r:

I am making the point of saying just because we had injuries, Clough had faith in boys who were still in school to step in not get a loan which is only short term. You have clearly stated that Clough should of played some young players more often and you state that youngsters only get in through injuries to the squad. Hughes got in through merit and Hendrick got a few bench appearances and then when he got the  opportunity when Bailey was injured, he took it. That is football mate. A youngster before the season's aim is they hope to get a few bench appearances but when they get the opportunity they take it. We could of brought a loan in but instead Clough had faith in the youngsters and look what happened. No coincidence that we used the least amount of players in the division last season, as we brought in younger players as Clough and his backroom staff have faith in them and see them every day in training. You talk about Freeman, Gjokaj and Hoganson. and the "deep end" but starting them when they are not ready would also be throwing them into the deep end. We have gradually put them into the frame and they all had success as Hoganson has never played a professional football match before this season, Freeman has only played one or two cup games for Forest and Gjokaj has never played in English football before but Clough has faith in them and as we have a good squad spirit, they were happy to fill in because they respect the fact that Clough used them instead of going for a loan. There is always going to be a first eleven and that is why a squad is made as when there are injuries, people can fill in.

I think you are just trying to cause trouble with these points you have made. I really don't understand what you are getting at.

Have you ever known what a "squad" is used for?

that was nothing like what you said in your first post!

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

that was nothing like what you said in your first post!

(To the tune of 'The Pink Panther'...

"Pedant, pedant,

pedantpedantpedant...."

Actually, that didn't turn out as funny as I thought after I'd typed it.

I'll tell you why I think the way I think, cos Clough has refused to 'blood' players. There were plenty of opportunities last season for the likes of Freeman, Hoganson and Gjokal to get game time and get used to competitive football, what happened? They ended up thrown in at the deep-end with little or no game experience. They wouldn't have played at all if it wasn't for injuries and/or suspensions to the first choice players. There's no disputing that.

So you're saying that he should play youngsters just for the hell of it??? All teams, in any sport, have first choice players for a reason. Wasn't one of Nigel's Dad's mantras "Whenever possible, always play your best eleven"???

Picture the scene...

INT - DERBY COUNTY DRESSING ROOM - ONE HOUR BEFORE KICK OFF AGAINST BLACKBURN.

NIGEL CLOUGH is going through the team sheet for the game.

NIGEL - And at centre half is Jake and Valentin. Right mid...

KEOGH - Boss? What about me?

NIGEL - You're on the bench Richard.

KEOGH - Why boss?

NIGEL - No particular reason, I just think Valentin could use the experience.

KEOGH - But I'm the best Centre half you've got and our captain.

NIGEL - Yes but if you get injured he'll need to replace you so he needs experience before he can. Ok?

KEOGH - But it's the opening game of the season and we need to get off to a flyer.

NIGEL - Doesn't matter about the result. We need to give these young lads some game time now. The fans won't mind if we don't get a lot of points, and finish mid table again. They'll be happy because all the players in the squad will get equal playing time regardless of experience and ability. This is a new approach, this is going to be the first democratic football team so get used to it...

I'd appreciate if you see what I am responding to when you attack my comments, cos if you take my comments and twist them, when out of context, they do look unfair and biased, but if you was being fair yourself, you'll see I'm rationally debating a point.

I'm not twisting your comments, i'm quoting them exactly how you typed them. 

t'other day you told someone you would like to sit next to them at a game and point out where they are not seeing what you are. Have you any idea how condescending that makes you look?

What makes you think you have a superior knowledge of football to any other poster on here. Maybe you don't mean to come over like that, only you can answer that!

I'm not posting as a mod btw, just as a member of the forum.

So you're saying that he should play youngsters just for the hell of it??? All teams, in any sport, have first choice players for a reason. Wasn't one of Nigel's Dad's mantras "Whenever possible, always play your best eleven"???

Picture the scene...

INT - DERBY COUNTY DRESSING ROOM - ONE HOUR BEFORE KICK OFF AGAINST BLACKBURN.

NIGEL CLOUGH is going through the team sheet for the game.

NIGEL - And at centre half is Jake and Valentin. Right mid...

KEOGH - Boss? What about me?

NIGEL - You're on the bench Richard.

KEOGH - Why boss?

NIGEL - No particular reason, I just think Valentin could use the experience.

KEOGH - But I'm the best Centre half you've got and our captain.

NIGEL - Yes but if you get injured he'll need to replace you so he needs experience before he can. Ok?

KEOGH - But it's the opening game of the season and we need to get off to a flyer.

NIGEL - Doesn't matter about the result. We need to give these young lads some game time now. The fans won't mind if we don't get a lot of points, and finish mid table again. They'll be happy because all the players in the squad will get equal playing time regardless of experience and ability. This is a new approach, this is going to be the first democratic football team so get used to it...

Oh dear god! Can/Do people actually read what they are reacting to? I said "blood players" and give them game time! This has happened with every young player at every club at some time. I know you Clough-excusers like to overlook his behaviour, but there's a thing in Professional and amateur football called "a substitution", plenty of you seem to be harping on about this little-known phenomenon in THIS thread as a reason to use John Eustace. My stance/opinion is that in the many many opportunities last season (at least 46) that Clough had a chance to throw on a youngster for 20 minutes here and there, he didn't utilise this option.

i saw what he meant.

Did you? Cos his first post was effectively putting words in my mouth, never once did I say Clough was 'anti-youth', nor should he rid the club of youngsters. But his second post was reasonable.

Did you? Cos his first post was effectively putting words in my mouth, never once did I say Clough was 'anti-youth', nor should he rid the club of youngsters. But his second post was reasonable.

yes. It was quite clear, it's strange that you couldn't grasp what he was saying.

I'm not twisting your comments, i'm quoting them exactly how you typed them. 

t'other day you told someone you would like to sit next to them at a game and point out where they are not seeing what you are. Have you any idea how condescending that makes you look?

What makes you think you have a superior knowledge of football to any other poster on here. Maybe you don't mean to come over like that, only you can answer that!

I'm not posting as a mod btw, just as a member of the forum.

Why is it condescending? If I was showing you anything in the world, is it condescending. People watch things a different way, that's a fact of life. Some people have different attention spans.

I'm pretty sure people on here have told others that their opinion of players, say... Connor Sammon.. has been wrong, does that make them condescending?

People tell me my opinion of Clough is wrong, with the evidence of a league table and a stack of results in front of them to back MY opinion, yet, I'm seeing things wrong??? Does that make them condescending?

People accuse me (and others) of taking this all too seriously, yet you're attempting to psycho-analyse me and diagnose me based on the fact I believe that Clough hasn't done things as well as he could... bravo to you.. whether in Mod mode or otherwise,

PS. Eustace is ****! x

Oh dear god! Can/Do people actually read what they are reacting to? I said "blood players" and give them game time! This has happened with every young player at every club at some time. I know you Clough-excusers like to overlook his behaviour, but there's a thing in Professional and amateur football called "a substitution", plenty of you seem to be harping on about this little-known phenomenon in THIS thread as a reason to use John Eustace. My stance/opinion is that in the many many opportunities last season (at least 46) that Clough had a chance to throw on a youngster for 20 minutes here and there, he didn't utilise this option.
Well I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one not to realise you're talking about subs considering in all your posts, except the sarcy one about "The same Nigel who doesn't make substitutions", do you actually state you'd like him to give youngsters a chance with 20 minutes to go when we're cruising. I'm not a Nige apologist and ill be the first to admit that he isn't the shiznit and can understand that you'd think that but for the sake of my thumbs and so people don't think you're a miserable old c**t who moans for the sake of it (might already be too late for some) make your point a little clearer...

then please elaborate as to what your problem with his post was.

You really should make your points more clearer.

My problem was that the first post suggested I was saying Clough was anti-youth and wanted to get rid of the youngsters! The second was quite well-reasoned. The two posts were different and didn't say the same thing. Yet in the second post, the poster says "my point was..." when it wasn't at all, as his point was to have a dig at me for something I hadnt actually said!!

I've never complained about lack of depth. I've complained about playing 4 central midfielders when only 2 are in central midfield. I also complained that Bailey was farmed out, I think he offers something different, has the composure on the ball and is calm and collected! I have complained about reluctance to rotate and blood new players -except when necessary!

People harp on about Clough bringing youngsters through, but they only got games cos they were the only option!

We don't need Eustace. Bailey is a better player and younger, fitter and still improving, and possibly cheaper wages wise.

Please tell me where I mentioned you specifically. You seem to have mistaken my post for an attack on yourself, when it was a general opinion of mine from the overall feelings about this signing.

Archived