John Eustace

DcFc Dyycheee

I've never complained about lack of depth. I've complained about playing 4 central midfielders when only 2 are in central midfield. I also complained that Bailey was farmed out, I think he offers something different, has the composure on the ball and is calm and collected! I have complained about reluctance to rotate and blood new players -except when necessary!

People harp on about Clough bringing youngsters through, but they only got games cos they were the only option!

We don't need Eustace. Bailey is a better player and younger, fitter and still improving, and possibly cheaper wages wise.

That middle paragraph is terrible. And you post a lot of terrible paragraphs. So Clough has been forced to play the likes of Will and Jeff because there was no other option, presumably down to Nige's rubbish transfers no doubt? Do you wish Clough had managed to sign a player as talented as Hughes, for next to nothing of course, so he wouldn't have had to play Hughes at all? You are a very odd individual. I pity people who might have to sit near you at a match.

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That middle paragraph is terrible. And you post a lot of terrible paragraphs. So Clough has been forced to play the likes of Will and Jeff because there was no other option, presumably down to Nige's rubbish transfers no doubt? Do you wish Clough had managed to sign a player as talented as Hughes, for next to nothing of course, so he wouldn't have had to play Hughes at all? You are a very odd individual. I pity people who might have to sit near you at a match.

I pity people who have to read his inane posts. i.e. us.

In fairness, Hendrick was given a go because we missed out on Eustace and Bailey was injured. 

so someone dares to voice an opinion that doesn't tow the line of the pro-Clough propaganda and they become terrible. At least I have the spine to be honest. You'll no doubt wait until Clough is gone and then decide to be honest! Let me remind you, Hughes came into the side on the RIGHT WING cos of injuries, I didn't say bad signings/rubbish transfers did I?? Hendrick similar, got his games cos there was virtually nobody else fit and available.

I'll tell you why I think the way I think, cos Clough has refused to 'blood' players. There were plenty of opportunities last season for the likes of Freeman, Hoganson and Gjokal to get game time and get used to competitive football, what happened? They ended up thrown in at the deep-end with little or no game experience. They wouldn't have played at all if it wasn't for injuries and/or suspensions to the first choice players. There's no disputing that.

I'm pretty sure that with 8 games to go and 'fans' turning on Sammon, Clough said he's play Mason Bennett during the run-in. How many minutes did he get in those last 6-8 games btw?

so someone dares to voice an opinion that doesn't tow the line of the pro-Clough propaganda and they become terrible. At least I have the spine to be honest. You'll no doubt wait until Clough is gone and then decide to be honest! Let me remind you, Hughes came into the side on the RIGHT WING cos of injuries, I didn't say bad signings/rubbish transfers did I?? Hendrick similar, got his games cos there was virtually nobody else fit and available.

I'll tell you why I think the way I think, cos Clough has refused to 'blood' players. There were plenty of opportunities last season for the likes of Freeman, Hoganson and Gjokal to get game time and get used to competitive football, what happened? They ended up thrown in at the deep-end with little or no game experience. They wouldn't have played at all if it wasn't for injuries and/or suspensions to the first choice players. There's no disputing that.

I'm pretty sure that with 8 games to go and 'fans' turning on Sammon, Clough said he's play Mason Bennett during the run-in. How many minutes did he get in those last 6-8 games btw?

Let it go Mostyn. If I may say, you come over as someone with an unbalanced dislike of clough. I don't recognise your perspective at all. Clough of course makes mistakes, so do all managers. He also does very well. I think too many of us think we know more than we do. Don't get me wrong, it's good to have an opinion but not to the point of thinking we categorically know best when clearly we are not in a position to do so.

Clough is so anti youngsters. The players he puts out are ridiculously old. Mason Bennett at 15, way too old. What about Will Hughes? 16, past it. Needs to get rid of the likes of Ball, Hendrick, OB, Hughes, Bennett, Freeman, Hoganson, Gjokaj as Clough aint got a clue how to bring through youngsters.

:ph34r:

So, if someone disagrees with your opinion they are guilty of "pro-Clough propaganda" ?????  :rolleyes:  :wacko:  :blink:

Signing experienced players for experience sake is a bit silly, Lee Grant is experienced but is there to improve the starting 11, I think every player we sign should be with the intention of improving the starting first eleven or talented youngsters who will be working towards getting a first team place. Signing a player just to sit on the bench is a tad negative in my view.

Does are team really lack experience, just had a look at a likely starting 11 for the first game if we do nothing in transfers.

Grant - over 300 Championship games in 10 season, very expereinced

Brayford - over 100 Championship games, considered on of the best in the league, his fourth season coming up - experienced.

Keogh - full international, nearly 150 Championship games - experienced.

Buxton - 70 odd Championship games, but has played over 225 Football League games

Forysth - 34 Championship games, a couple of season in Scottish 2nd tier and loan games at League Two, can be classed as unexperienced

Bryson - Scottish international 200 odd games in SPL and Championship, experienced

Hendirck - interesting one, pretty young at 20 but already a regular at international level and played nearly 100 games at Derby, can he be classed as lacking experience?

Hughes - at 40 games is unexpereinced but looks like our best player technically at 17.

Russel - 100 games at SPL level, several loan spells in Scottish lower league.

Sammon - About to start his 6th season at either SPL, PL or FLC level, full Irish international. Expereinced

Ward - Full Northern Irish international just short of 150 games in the FLC and another 100 in lower league experienced.

Only Forsyth and Hughes in my view or properly inexperienced and you can use your interpretation on the likes of Russell and Hendrick.

I would say Hendrick is fairly well rehearsed.

Thing is, what's the difference between 300 NPC games and 100NPC games. If you aren't experienced cup games or European games or higher league games then it's not much good. In fact I'd rather have Hendrick at 100 games than somebody who's had 300/400 and done little else. Shows they are experienced in going nowhere. They are where they belong and they'll keep you where they belong.

Since Hughes came along I've changed my mind on needing players that have experience. If a 17yr old can play with composure then it shows you don't need 400 games around your neck to see a match out. Not if you're good.

I think now that either you're good or you're not. Hansen's much quoted "you can't win anything with kids" has been mocked many times over the years. I think experience is handy. If a lad can come in and tell other lads that haven't achieved much what he knows. If he can come in and say how things work on another level. How he used to cope with bigger situations etc.

What you've got to ask yourself is,

Can players like Eustace teach Will Hughes and Jeff Hendrick anything? What words of advice can he give Hughes?

I really wanted Eustace last time. Now I'm not bothered because I think Hendrick has settled in at this level. Hughes I can see finding this level pretty easy.

I don't mind who we sign. Tyson was the only guy I was really not keen on purely because we actually bought him to score goals. It would have mad as much sense if you'd bough Luke Chambers to score goals. He scored more than Tyson in that Play Off year.

Had we bought Tyson as a winger or simply for his pace (stretching teams) i would have only been dubious of his injury record. But he was brought in as our No 9.

With Eustace, if he brought in because he's a nice passer/tough tackler/decent in the air etc.... Well fine. If he's been brought in because he's played 300 games at this level...

... I ask, what's the difference between a player that's played 300NPC games and a player that's played 100 NPC games if that's all that separates them?

We currently have no players who are capable of playing a holding midfield role. Hendrick isn't that man yet. At times he looked overwhelmed in that role last season (inc Birmingham away). He's a good player but in terms of positional sense, he, Bryson and Hughes will all learn from someone like Eustace. In football you can't help but learn as you get older. Eustace will also be able to pass on tips about how to play against certain Championship players. I think it makes a lot of sense to have experience in the squad to help develop our undoubtedly talented youngsters.

Clough is so anti youngsters. The players he puts out are ridiculously old. Mason Bennett at 15, way too old. What about Will Hughes? 16, past it. Needs to get rid of the likes of Ball, Hendrick, OB, Hughes, Bennett, Freeman, Hoganson, Gjokaj as Clough aint got a clue how to bring through youngsters.

:ph34r:

where have I mentioned age?

So, if someone disagrees with your opinion they are guilty of "pro-Clough propaganda" ?????  :rolleyes:  :wacko:  :blink:

Nice attempt to twist it. But, no. Anyone who refuses to acknowledge that opinions that are not 100% behind Clough...

where have I mentioned age?

I am making the point of saying just because we had injuries, Clough had faith in boys who were still in school to step in not get a loan which is only short term. You have clearly stated that Clough should of played some young players more often and you state that youngsters only get in through injuries to the squad. Hughes got in through merit and Hendrick got a few bench appearances and then when he got the  opportunity when Bailey was injured, he took it. That is football mate. A youngster before the season's aim is they hope to get a few bench appearances but when they get the opportunity they take it. We could of brought a loan in but instead Clough had faith in the youngsters and look what happened. No coincidence that we used the least amount of players in the division last season, as we brought in younger players as Clough and his backroom staff have faith in them and see them every day in training. You talk about Freeman, Gjokaj and Hoganson. and the "deep end" but starting them when they are not ready would also be throwing them into the deep end. We have gradually put them into the frame and they all had success as Hoganson has never played a professional football match before this season, Freeman has only played one or two cup games for Forest and Gjokaj has never played in English football before but Clough has faith in them and as we have a good squad spirit, they were happy to fill in because they respect the fact that Clough used them instead of going for a loan. There is always going to be a first eleven and that is why a squad is made as when there are injuries, people can fill in.

I think you are just trying to cause trouble with these points you have made. I really don't understand what you are getting at.

Have you ever known what a "squad" is used for?

I actually agree with Clough on game time for youngsters, fans get carried away with a good game or two! People were raving about hoganson after a game, was ok and didn't do anything wrong but wasn't exceptional. Likewise freeman who looks a capable back up and eventually will be a good player, read people saying he's up there with Brayford already!

Callum ball was another example years ago, had a few ok games and scored one or two goals. Personally be surprised if becomes a championship footballer though.

Do you know anyone "who refuses to acknowledge that opinions that are not 100% behind Clough", cos I don't!?

I'd appreciate if you see what I am responding to when you attack my comments, cos if you take my comments and twist them, when out of context, they do look unfair and biased, but if you was being fair yourself, you'll see I'm rationally debating a point.

Archived