Stadium Naming Rights

derbyram1994

Stadium naming rights - would you be happy?  

87 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm very pleased for you but don't you think I have a right to think the company's name and logo on the shirt is tacky and make the club look small fry ? It might look ok on the shirt of Littleover Dazzlers on a Sunday morning but to me, a club of our stature should be trying to attract the likes of Toyota or even East Midlands Airport, something with a bit of gravitas, not some little company that manufactures spinny things you hang in a child's nursery.

you have every right to your opinion which I respect totally. perhaps at the time the bigger companies were not in a position to sponsor us. I'd love to see the spinny things they make though 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> Think you will find though Buy Mobiles put in a lot of money.Which could have set Dazzlers up for a very long time indeed if they sponsored them.

At least we dont have Wonga.com or John Pye on our shirts 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Pride park has no nostalgic value to me as a derby fan, I go to watch derby there and that is all. If it made money, re-name it tomorrow.

The baseball ground was different, that had character and I would do anything to be able to watch just one more game in there, I'd have been livid if they had re-named that wonderful place

Tell you what annoys me about it all is the fan's reaction to it.

In Germany, if a club our size had its stadium renamed after a company and the fans didn't like it, we'd all boycott the game. We'd make banners, we'd have organised silences, we'd make protest groups....

What will happen if Sam Rush sells the naming rights to the stadium against popular opinion? Well he might get a few angry letters, one fan might ask for a refund on his season ticket, but the majority of the negativity will be a few threads on this forum for about a week. It's pathetic.

If you're against it, do something about it - and do something now. If not, when it does happen, please don't complaint to us on here.

"In Germany, if a club our size had its stadium renamed after a company and the fans didn't like it" -

We'd all boycott the game - we've already got 8000+ doing that

We'd make banners - OK as long as the away fans don't threaten to set fire to them

We'd have organised silences - We have those in West Stand for every home game

We'd make protest groups - Fans Unite to Keep Using Pride Park Stadium

Archived