Stadium Naming Rights

derbyram1994

Stadium naming rights - would you be happy?  

87 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hi all,

Just wanted to get your opinions if we were to sell our naming rights.

Rush said in a DET interview that his experience includes securing naming right deals, which seem to be for the Emirates and the Aviva stadiums.

If Derby were to go down this avenue and get a decent chunk of money would you be happy?

Personally I would welcome it due to ....

- No history attached to pride park unlike the Baseball Ground.

- I can still see other people calling it Pride Park due to it being located within Pride Park.

- I'm not to keen on the name Pride Park anyway.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Instinctively I would not want it to happen, how fookin stupid does "The King Power stadium" sound?

Realistically, I don't suppose it matters in the great scheme of things - like you say, there's no great love for the name Pride Park. Like quitty says above though, I would struggle with some dodgy loan shark company. The Rolls-Royce stadium would be ok and could give us the thrust we need.....

Yeah, call it what they like for me. I agree with you.

Pride Park is a rubbish name

Pride Park is a soulless bowl

What's to like about it?

Although getting it called something like the Bet365 Arena or Wonga.com Park puts me off a bit. We just need to rewind time and never move. A bit of sticky tape and some nails would of held the BBG up.

i wouldn't mind. but like what has already been said don't make it sound ridiculous. something to do with derby would be a nice touch like rolls-royce.

for the love of god make sure its not pizza hut park, compare the market arena or buymobiles.net stadium.

I like Pride Park Stadium, I say no to any name change even if it brings in a bit of money. Humph.

What about a compromise.......The Gay Pride Stadium.

I would be open to the naming rights on the stadium, I like 'Emirates Stadium', so aslong as it has a 'classy' sound to it, I wouldn't mind it at all.

It's when you get names like the 'buymobilephones.net Stadium' or 'Kuntz Insurance Group Stadium' because they're just tacky and embarrassing!

I would be open to the naming rights on the stadium, I like 'Emirates Stadium', so aslong as it has a 'classy' sound to it, I wouldn't mind it at all.

It's when you get names like the 'buymobilephones.net Stadium' or 'Kuntz Insurance Group Stadium' because they're just tacky and embarrassing!

What about The Hemorrhoids Stadium?

For those who don't know buy mobiles . Net is owned by a massive derby fan and I think it was one of the fastest growing businesses in the uk 2 or 3 years ago. I don't want them to lose them.

I can see the shirt sponsor and stadium rights going to someone stupid that doesn't have the club at heart.

Archived