Stadium Naming Rights

derbyram1994

Stadium naming rights - would you be happy?  

87 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

All it says to me is that we've got no pride and no class. I know what LR is saying about the BBG but that's because we grew up with it, then they smashed it down and built Pride Park which Her Majesty the Queen opened in 1997. Since then some fans have grown up with it but here we are saying -

"You know you've been going to Pride Park with your dad since you were 4? Well it's not going to be called that any more, from now on it's going to be called the w*nkname stadium because the owners need to see a few quid back"

F*cking disgrace. Duracell - I'd start a song off in the NE stand next Saturday but it wouldn't catch on judging by the poll. This isn't football....

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And about Anfield & Old Trafford. They aren't my teams but I wouldn't like to see their names changed. Stadium names mean something and those two are steeped in tradition and history. Should these names be wiped just because of a few bob? It's such a shame it always has to come down to money 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':(' />

Maybe as an exile I don't associate it with the area.For me,we're beginning to assemble a team to be proud of,so 'Pride Park' conjures up the name of the place where a team to be proud of plays.I'd hate it to change to something hideously commercial sounding for the sake of relative peanuts.

I worked on Pride Park for 10 years so it has a completely different meaning for me. When people used to ask where I was based 'on Pride Park' would be the answer and not once was I ever asked if I had managed to fulfil my childhood ambition of playing for Derby County.

Except for about 2 or 3 seasons, I would never connect Pride to Derby County during our time at the new ground. If anything 'Lack Of Pride Park' would be more appropriate.

Not desperate to change the name but would be completely unaffected if we did.

Had we still been at the BBG, a ground with years of history and so many good memories then of course I would be opposed to the idea.

Say the money could buy us a player in the summer. I know who my choice would be so for an example would you mind having the stadium called the wonga arena if we signed billy sharp??

Sharp is just an example of a goalscorer that would cost 2-3 million. (I don't know how much the stadium name rights would accumulate money wise.)

m8 im proud of the Rams and the Stadium Pride Park . My preference would be to keep the name as Pride Park as it was called that by the Rams fans .

I'm proud to be a Rams fan too and think we have a nice stadium, however, the name means nothing to me and it is no different to any of the other new stadiums that have sprung up over the last 20 years.

The name was probably chosed out of a list of 5 names, so not really chosed by the fans.

As I said the name for me represents the whole area and not the ground specifically.

play off semi against saints. Coffee cup and pesh against red dogs. Eranio and Biano with Jim Smith. Stimac. Do i need to go on.

I worked on Pride Park for 10 years so it has a completely different meaning for me. When people used to ask where I was based 'on Pride Park' would be the answer and not once was I ever asked if I had managed to fulfil my childhood ambition of playing for Derby County.

Except for about 2 or 3 seasons, I would never connect Pride to Derby County during our time at the new ground. If anything 'Lack Of Pride Park' would be more appropriate.

Not desperate to change the name but would be completely unaffected if we did.

Had we still been at the BBG, a ground with years of history and so many good memories then of course I would be opposed to the idea.

But there's nothing to say we won't be able to view our side with great pride in the future-a team that grows into the name of its home.

Agree entirely but one thing we will never shake off is the worst Premier League team in history.

Would renaming the ground shake that off? Going back to your point of PP representing an area,Old Trafford,for instance is an area of Stretford,and there are many similar examples.

Would renaming the ground shake that off? Going back to your point of PP representing an area,Old Trafford,for instance is an area of Stretford,and there are many similar examples.

No not at all. In 100 years nobody will even remember it but there again in 100 years time nobody would remember that the ground was originally called Pride Park!

No not at all. In 100 years nobody will even remember it but there again in 100 years time nobody would remember that the ground was originally called Pride Park!

They would if the name were retained.

It's a terrible idea at this stage. It's only really worth implementing when a stadium is first built and a long-term commercial partnership can be developed. If Pride Park had been called Toyota Arena from day one, then that's fine.

But almost 16 years after being opened, Pride Park is a part of the club's identity and is synonymous with the club and the area and I don't think it would be wise to sacrifice our identity for short-term financial gain, irrespective of whether Pride Park is held the same regard as the Baseball Ground or not.

Archived