Stadium Naming Rights

derbyram1994

Stadium naming rights - would you be happy?  

87 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The ETS Tyres & Autocentres arena has a nice ring to it. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

As said, with the way football is going we'd be daft not to make a few million out of the stadium name, especially as ours is only named after a trading estate in the first place...

So does Hemorrhoids Park!

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Suppose, wasn't the co op founded in Derby? Saying that, so was sports direct...

Anyway, I still think it's sad that some fans think its okay for some shitty firm to call our ground something w*nk for a few quid, but they seem to be the majority.

If we need to sell the Pride Park name for a couple of players, we're in **** street.

Suppose, wasn't the co op founded in Derby? Saying that, so was sports direct...

Anyway, I still think it's sad that some fans think its okay for some shitty firm to call our ground something w*nk for a few quid, but they seem to be the majority.

If we need to sell the Pride Park name for a couple of players, we're in **** street.

If I was a Newcastle fan about the renaming of St. James' Park, then I'd be on your side.. but Pride Park is hardly an iconic name and to lose it wouldn't be any great dent in the club's history. If it was the BBG being renamed, not on your nelly, but that was a part of us for 100yrs.

Wouldn't we get more if we were in the Prem? Would the amount we might get now be enough to propel us there? Just a thought.

The impression I got from SR was that the longer we leave it, the less we would get for it - Naming rights look far more attractive from new/young stadia, at 16 years old, PPS aint that!

Co-op was founded in Rochdale

Lumberjack? Would be good to announce that after we beat Forest

I see twelve of em have been called up to play rugby for England.Ability to regularly boot over the bar obviously caught the eye.

Its would be a shame for me really if the name of the stadium was to be changed.

I was born too late to see the BBG properly, and unfortunately my Dad never took me as a youngster. Something I hold him to to this day 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Pride Park is the only ground i've known as the home of DCFC, all my memories of the rams are at Pride Park Stadium. Maybe it's just me but i'd kind of like to keep it that way.

If all goes to pot and we do sell the naming rights, I atleast hope the money will get invested into building a team that can challenge for promotion.

Based on how things have moved, we'd probably get either a betting company or some form of financial institution.

I'd far rather keep our ground name sacrosanct than give some soulless name like the Bet365 arena or such.

But it rankled with me when we had more than one sponsor on the shirt.

Why not go the whole hog and call the ground the Red Bull Arena, change our name to Derby Red Bulls and get a new badge and kit?

It happened in Salzburg and in New York... I'm sure they'd be happy to do similar and it would generate further revenue.

Archived