Clough and Burton

Ramz64

• Replies 822
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Boycie said:

Does he actually get a game?

Do you have to as club captain? Appointing a team captain as well.

Barker gets to wear the armband in the canteen before handing it over on match day.

Bit weird if you ask me but what do I know

Barker, from the outside looking in, seems like an excellent choice for 'club captain'. 

I'll never forget the reaction from the players following his injury, particularly Ben Davies almost in tears on the Championship highlight show of choice at the time. I also believe Warnock & Buxton have both been the captain on the matchday - two players that many would suggest showed the right attributes.

15 hours ago, ronnieronalde said:

Hmmm, I've a feeling this one might provoke a bit of a reaction.

Fair points or total b*******?

http://www.footballleaguescout.com/burton-albions-secret-of-success-living-the-dream-not-chasing-it/

Some good, some b*******. What to expect with a fan written piece. Disappointing that Pesch isn't mentioned as being manager.

Burton do things differently to the majority of football clubs. Always have done and always will do. At least they will as long as Ben Robinson and Nigel Clough are together.

They aren't doing things differently than the majority of football clubs. They are doing what about 75% of clubs do, and spend what they can afford, it just seems different as what they can afford is less than the most of what the division can. 8 teams spent less than £2m last season, 2 teams spent less than Burton, it will be similar this season.

1 minute ago, rynny said:

Some good, some b*******. What to expect with a fan written piece. Disappointing that Pesch isn't mentioned as being manager.

They aren't doing things differently than the majority of football clubs. They are doing what about 75% of clubs do, and spend what they can afford, it just seems different as what they can afford is less than the most of what the division can. 8 teams spent less than £2m last season, 2 teams spent less than Burton, it will be similar this season.

I got the impression Pesch was unlucky, didnt they have some ridiculous number of games postponed and end up near the bottom 2, and then had to play 3 games a week...was bound to put the pressure on.

17 hours ago, ronnieronalde said:

Hmmm, I've a feeling this one might provoke a bit of a reaction.

Fair points or total b*******?

http://www.footballleaguescout.com/burton-albions-secret-of-success-living-the-dream-not-chasing-it/

I don't think it's provoking it at all. Anyone who cannot acknowledge what Burton Albion have done is either ignorant or bitter, or deluded, or a combination of them all.

Robinson should be held in the highest regard. Some owners put the club at risk, maybe not obviously so, but they do, in being brave and committing future finances to the present. Lionel Pickering, for all his love of Derby County, set the club up for financial disaster! But some see him as brilliant for Derby, despite his leadership setting the club back 20 years!

Archived