James Wilson

Cam the Ram

Other threads talk about the lack of affinity with the players due to mega bucks etc, and for me bringing a kid from a big club instead of using our own has the same effect, so sorry but no! 

what's the point of an academy 1 status and not bringing them on?

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Phil Neville was a good PL player for his whole career. Powell is obviously talented but had attitude problems, he was sent back by Leicester.

But they do rate him, whether he's good enough or not is another question. They didn't seem to rate Pogba 4 years ago... But if he is available on loan, I'd question why  Brighton haven't been at least linked. Couldn't have been too impressed as they've lost Wilson and Zamora and off the top of my mind I can't think of any strikers they've added.

Glenn Murray?

He's a lesser version of Patrick Bamford.

Of his 5 goals in 28 appearances for Brighton (Bamford was far, far more prolific) one was the ridiculous terrible scuffed lucky injury time equalizer against us. Who knows what the other 4 in 27 were like.

We have many more impressive striking options at our club without trying to develop other teams' players for them to sell on. What's that I hear? "He's highly rated/very well thought of at Manchester United". As if they'd ever say anything different given they're hyping him up to make some money out of him. It's what we should have been doing with Calero last year rather than letting him go for free.

Our U18s beat Man Utd's 4-0 in the opening league match this season. There's no reason to think our youngsters are not better than there's and no need to loan in people from average Premier League clubs. It strikes me this would be a very retrograde step.

2 hours ago, Whoneedshuls said:

Wouldn't be impressed at all with this signing may as well be giving mason Bennett and co ago give our young blood a chance to shine rather than some united reject ;) 

Aye because if there's a player that can't get into the Utd side ahead of Ibrahimovic, martial, Rooney and rashford, then there's no chance he's good enough for derby county 

26 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

He's a lesser version of Patrick Bamford.

Of his 5 goals in 28 appearances for Brighton (Bamford was far, far more prolific) one was the ridiculous terrible scuffed lucky injury time equalizer against us. Who knows what the other 4 in 27 were like.

1 of his other goals was a very smart near post finish against us at the Ipro

8 hours ago, Kernow said:

But they do rate him, whether he's good enough or not is another question. They didn't seem to rate Pogba 4 years ago...

United did rate Pogba highly, and wanted to keep him. The problem was they didn't see him as a regular starter and so were reluctant to hand him a big contract. Juve took the (relatively small £4m) risk and have reaped the rewards.

I don't know how much Wilsons current level relates to Pogbas then, but United obviously fancy him as a good young player, but just have too many options that play CF at the min.

I think he mite be a good loan option instead of spending 10m on a striker when we aint got know chance of gettin promoted. this year and making wrong signings let see wot we can do with the lot we got 6th to 10th my guess. let villa and newcastle norwich  f... off out league and start again. next season i think we will go up.

1 hour ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Have you seen him play?

Not in the flesh but have been watching his performance's through Rams player for a long while and he seems quite a talent. Would like to see him get a chance rather then bring someone in on loan.

Archived