James Wilson

Cam the Ram

Just now, Srg said:

Bennett just keeps getting injured, even when he goes on loan. Got to feel he needs to start making strides at some point this year or he's in danger of washing out soon.

Absolutely. I've believed for some time that Vernam/Zanzala are held in higher regard currently (in terms of their potential) than Bennett. But he has a lot more time, potentially, now the age group has been upped to get his progress back on track.

I do think he suffers from getting opportunities with the first team early regarding his perception outside of the club, maybe that also effects him now in terms of confidence. Regretting not fully taking that chance or whatever. 

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

We need at least 3 top strikers to get out of this league.  

I think 1 striker in is probably enough but 3 is too much IMO. 

I am not keen on loans unless they are with a realistic signing potential also they cost a lot from teams in the prem nowadays who tend to want something like a must play clause in 80% of games type of thing. Now I can't say that was the case with Tom Carroll but he never justified a place in the side in my view and made us worse at the time.

wilson could prove to be very decent, but I have always liked vydra from Watford and yes I know he did very poorly last year at reading but he has had two very good years at championship level with Watford and maybe a better signing than a done it once type of forward like kodoja 

44 minutes ago, Srg said:

Not saying I'd prefer Zanzala over him, just brandishing him as rubbish and not cutting it in a poor situation is ridiculously harsh on the kid.

Apologies. I mean he is nowhere near good enough now. He may well be. But at the minute he isnt quite there. 

31 minutes ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

I think 1 striker in is probably enough but 3 is too much IMO. 

I think if we get Wilson we would still need 1 more. 

In my eyes we would only have 2 strikers who were any good. 

I dont know if there is any way to get Bent out before the window shuts. But of there is we need to do it. 

45 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Agree!

we need to bring in someone with the quality of Wells/Assombalonga though. Not Wilson. He was very patchy overall for Brighton, thus why they've not taken him back. 

You can't be sure that's the reason they've not taken him back. Could be a number of factors, the most likely being that they've got Murray who, if he keeps clear of serious injury, will get plenty of goals in this division.

We reverted back to 1 upfront on Tuesday night. But that was more to do with the Midfield not being able to play in a 2. More pressing is to get midfield sorted cos at the minute I don't think we can play 2 strikers with Hendrick & Thorne being injured.

13 hours ago, Whoneedshuls said:

Wouldn't be impressed at all with this signing may as well be giving mason Bennett and co ago give our young blood a chance to shine rather than some united reject ;) 

Not sure Mason Bennett is anywhere near to be honest, especially given his struggles during his lower league loans, Zanzala would be the most likely.

If i remember right Offrande Zanzala will be missing for several months after sustaining a cruciate ligament injury during Derby Under 23s’ 1-0 pre-season win over Norwich City.

From Wassall: “Offrande has a six to nine-month rehabilitation ahead of him after injuring his cruciate in his knee."

http://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/wassall-this-is-going-to-be-an-exciting-season-for-the-u23s-3244615.aspx#j5kfCesuogcLRUth.99

A Wilson / Assombalonga finisher and a Castaignos / forestieri type flash creator and finisher is what I think Pearson must be after up front - 2 forwards but ones with different styles. It would replicate a mahrez/vardy type thing. 

3 minutes ago, Ninos said:

A Wilson / Assombalonga finisher and a Castaignos / forestieri type flash creator and finisher is what I think Pearson must be after up front - 2 forwards but ones with different styles. It would replicate a mahrez/vardy type thing. 

Add to that the Martin hold up bring others players into it and we would have all the bases covered for different opposition and tactics

30 minutes ago, Ninos said:

Whilst at Leicester Pearson signed Ulloa to play alongside Vardy. So although you really dislike Martin for some reason, he could replicate that here by bringing in someone like Wilson to play alongside him.

2 hours ago, Cam the Ram said:

Whilst at Leicester Pearson signed Ulloa to play alongside Vardy. So although you really dislike Martin for some reason, he could replicate that here by bringing in someone like Wilson to play alongside him.

two different players ulloa can jump gets into box for cosses and is a constant arial threat around the box

4 minutes ago, barnsley ram said:

two different players ulloa can jump gets into box for cosses and is a constant arial threat around the box

Oh yeah of course they are, but neither fit the Mahrez/Forestieri and Vardy/Wells mould Ninos said Pearson must be after.

Archived