James Vaughan

matty1

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Huddersfield manager Mark Robins is keen to sign on-loan Norwich striker James Vaughan on a permanent basis.

Robins has confirmed he is preparing talks with Norwich after the loanee striker scored 14 league goals to ensure the West Yorkshire club remain in the npower Championship next season.

Out-of-contract trio Alan Lee, Scott Arfield and Tom Clarke have all been released with Vaughan and fellow loanees Theo Robinson, Neil Danns, Jermaine Beckford and Godwin Abadaki all returning to their parent clubs.

Robins told the club's official website: "It's hard to make these decisions so soon after the high of Saturday, but the club must start planning now for the 2013/14 season.

"Alan Lee, Scott Arfield and Tom Clarke have all contributed really well to the club and it's never easy telling lads like them that they won't be part of the plans.

"Our loanees return to their respective clubs having done ever so well for us, but we do plan to speak to Norwich and James Vaughan about their respective plans." - http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/12691/8696076/Transfer-News-Mark-Robins-hopes-to-keep-James-Vaughan-at-Huddersfield

he would choose Huddersfield if he wanted the money, and Derby if he wanted to play football in a team that is prepared to give you a chance and back you as a player, his choice, but we are probably better placed that Huddersfield.

Derby and Huddersfield are sitting in a similar boat, they will not be throwing money around this summer - for a start they don't have an 8 million pound income like last season, nor do I think they will be going all out for promotion.

I think we're the bigger and better placed team, perhaps even the more likely to spend the money between the two sides. 

I think he would choose us, but fair play to him if he doesn't and goes Huddersfield. I won't be-grudge him. 

Would be quite happy is he stayed at Huddersfield. Then it would test the boards and Clough's resolve to come up with a Plan B for another striker rather than bemoan the fact that at the start of the season their transfer targets all went elsewhere

That is silly. He's gone on holiday and said when he comes back he'll speak to hudds first and any other sides after. Nothing agreed yet

So the whippet bit was true then.

That is silly. He's gone on holiday and said when he comes back he'll speak to hudds first and any other sides after. Nothing agreed yet

Hasnt Vaughan messed us about before when on loan he got injured and then never came back. Or was that Evertons fault? I cant remember.

Hasnt Vaughan messed us about before when on loan he got injured and then never came back. Or was that Evertons fault? I cant remember.

Think he actually chosen Leicester over us, due to them being in a Play-off push, we were in a relegation battle. 

James Vaughan is class when he's fit. Moyes rated him above Anichebe before eventually deciding he was a croc. He's on 30k a week at Norwich, with Huddersfield paying half. So he'd surely become our highest earner if we were to sign him.

I think its a massive sign of intent if we sign him. Norwich fans seem quite suprised he isn't playing for them at the moment and hes pretty much kept Huddersfield up on his own.

By all accounts his game isnt just about goals and 14 goals at a bottom 6 club is very good.

Archived