James Vaughan

matty1

It's true, I make no apologies for the fact, I have been around the block enough times to hear many a word uttered by chairmen just before the transfer window opens and nothing coming to fruition at the start of the season. Plus the names that are being bandied about like Lee Grant, Vaughan, Forsyth, Martin etc. even if we do sign them all will not make us into a Top 6 side.

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's true, I make no apologies for the fact, I have been around the block enough times to hear many a word uttered by chairmen just before the transfer window opens and nothing coming to fruition at the start of the season. Plus the names that are being bandied about like Lee Grant, Vaughan, Forsyth, Martin etc. even if we do sign them all will not make us into a Top 6 side.

Well lets judge on what actually happens and not just on rumours. Im sure that they are not the only targets we after

Who are you seriously expecting on our budget? Really?

Name a better striker available for under a mill?

jesus calm down. I don't know how much strikers are worth. But I've seen him here, didn't rate him seen him against us, didn't rate him. Plus he has injury records and an average goal tally this year.

Much rather we went for will grigg, paddy madden or Simeon Jackson.

Forgive me if he doesn't my heart doesn't start racing at the prospect of this signing.

jesus calm down. I don't know how much strikers are worth. But I've seen him here, didn't rate him seen him against us, didn't rate him. Plus he has injury records and an average goal tally this year.

Forgive me if he doesn't my heart doesn't start racing at the prospect of this signing.

Yours is a more exciting list, sort of a Morrisons-style list. I just hope we are not on a Lidl budget!

Simeon Jackson who scored the same amount of goals in his 1 Championship season as Vaughan has this season.

Jackson's record is an odd one though, in that 6 of his 13 Championship goals came in just 2 games (out of 40) which leaves 7 in 38 for the rest of the season... so is he really that clinical or prolific, or does he often do very little only to come to life in the odd few games?

It sounds really silly to say 'ignore the hattricks' though!

I'd just rather have a striker who scores goals spread over a season, single goals in lots of matches, than a striker who doesn't score for 8/9 games at a time but then boosts his stats with a hattrick in an easy win against poor opposition.

This has been going on now for the last few years starting with Gary Hooper - we make it public knowledge who we are after.

Hooper, Sammon (first time round), Lynch etc were all subsequently signed by other clubs.

Now it's Vaughan, Baptiste, Forsyth, Martin.

I can't understand why we find it necessary to identify targets to the press before the player's have put pen to paper.

Surely it can't be to persuade people to buy season tickets; because this list is hardly inspiring.

This has been going on now for the last few years starting with Gary Hooper - we make it public knowledge who we are after.

Hooper, Sammon (first time round), Lynch etc were all subsequently signed by other clubs.

I can't understand why we find it necessary to identify targets to the press before the player's have put pen to paper.

Surely it can't be to persuade people to buy season tickets; because this list is hardly inspiring.

Disagree about the rumours being uninspiring, IMO Vaughan is an exciting signing, Forsyth would be a good buy, baptiste would be another impressive signing and I've been impressed with the type of player we've been linked to

Don't quite know who you are expecting us to sign!?

It won't be the club deliberately making it public knowledge, more likely the players agents. Nothing that can be done about that, it just happens.

Jacksons goal scoring rate is hardly better maybe even worse than vaughans, 17 goals in 72 games! And for gillingham only 35 in 101 games in a poorer league!

For what its worth i think Vaughan will be an excellent addition...

...to the treatment room. I mean what is Clough thinking?? Why does he always go for permanent crocks? And when he's not crocked he is average. Who else is on his wishlist list Kieron Dyer?? Darren Anderton?? Nathan Tys... oh.

Do we want to get promoted?? Players like Vaughan, Baptiste, Martin and Forsyth are not going to catapult us up the table. They are all average chmpionship players apart from Baptiste who is league 1 standard.

I'm bored of next season already.

Archived