James Vaughan

matty1

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we sign James Vaughan I know at least 2 people who will orgasm.

I've told them, I'm expecting him to be awesome. Whatever they saw in his Derby cameo must have been mind blowing..... his stats aren't. Injured more than Tyson!

Is it the same injury every time (a la Ward's hamstrings) or different? There's a difference between injury prone and just being unlucky.

Good point.

I don't know tbh. I'm not against signing him. I just don't understand how he's so highly rated at Derby.

I actually wouldn't mind him. I don't rate any of our forwards except Ward and he's injured too much.

Is it the same injury every time (a la Ward's hamstrings) or different? There's a difference between injury prone and just being unlucky.

Usually hamstring and groin strains I think.

I believe the term is 'niggling' injuries.

If we were to spend £750,000 on a striker, and i'd imagine a fair bit on wages, i'd prefer someone who would play most games. With Vaughan, although he has played 70% of games this season, he still carries a risk factor for me. Would much rather have Russell at £400,000.

Aha but according to Clough one of the good points of Sammon is that he's always available and never injured which makes me wonder why if he values these attributes is he suddenly looking at signing potential crocks......do you really think we have 750k to spend on any player?

Rush said we will be exited with the transfer activity this summer.

This is the summer where we learn if Rush is the real deal or just another liar like Tom Pr*ck

Can't make up my mind whether this is good or not. 

Pros: Knows where the net is, quick, prob more of a penalty box finisher than Sammon

cons: injury prone, never lived up to early expectation, hardly prolific

James Vaughan is waiting to see what the summer holds, with it possible that he could return to Norwich City from Huddersfield Town.

The striker still has a year left to run on his contract at Carrow Road, but was deemed surplus to requirements by the Canaries when they allowed him to link up with Huddersfield on a season-long loan.

He has impressed with the struggling Championship club, netting 13 times to offer them hope in their battle to avoid the drop.

It has been suggested that he could stay on with the Terriers, as Norwich are set to bolster their attacking ranks further with the signing of Ricky van Wolfswinkel, but Vaughan is ruling nothing out at this stage.

"Clubs will always sign new players, it's a fact of life in football," he said in the Huddersfield Examiner.

"There will always be competition for places wherever you are and whatever level you are playing at, and any footballer must be ready to fight for his place. If it comes to it, I will do that at Norwich, but if I end up moving on, so be it.

"This isn't the time to talk about the future. At this moment, I want to concentrate on keeping Huddersfield Town in this division.

"I'm sure if that's achieved, and I'm very optimistic it will be, all the concerned parties will have conversations and see what the best way forward is."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11688/8683533/On-loan-Huddersfield-striker-James-Vaughan-waiting-to-see-what-summer-holds

Good point.

I don't know tbh. I'm not against signing him. I just don't understand how he's so highly rated at Derby.

I actually wouldn't mind him. I don't rate any of our forwards except Ward and he's injured too much.

• September 2005: Operation to fix knee ligament injury while at Everton
  • April 2007: Suffers severed artery in leg
  • August 2007: Dislocates shoulder
  • March 2008: Undergoes knee surgery
  • November 2008: Has more work done on troublesome knee
  • October 2009: Loan spell at Derby cut short by injury
  • May 2011: Ruled out of the start of Norwich's season with knee injury
  • September 2011: Receives plastic surgery on cut lip
  • September 2011: Has another knee injury after hobbling out win over Sunderland

Rush said we will be exited with the transfer activity this summer.

This is the summer where we learn if Rush is the real deal or just another liar like Tom Pr*ck

Still not even getting mildly stimulated never mind excited but the summer transfer window is still week away I guess

Archived