James Vaughan

matty1

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Vaughan hasn't proved anything in his career, but he offers something no one else does at the club at present, and no striker under Clough ever has. He's the sort of player that has the confidence - or arrogance - to chip a keeper, or roll the ball calmly under the keeper. He doesn't have to score many, but he has to be confident with 1-on-1s, which I've always been lead to believe he is.

Sammon is begging to play with someone like that.

Steve Nicholson ‏@SNicholsonDT3m

Tomorrow's @DerbyTelegraph has an update on #dcfc chase for Alex Baptiste amd James Vaughan

Seems rather a different "trailer" to those he gave for Grant and Martin and my monies on "Derby continue to chase Baptiste and Vaughan but face fierce competition from [iNSERT RANDOM CHAMP CLUB] "

Am I warm Steve????

Alan Nixon of the Mirror says Hudds want 2 CHAMP strikers, one experienced and one very experienced. One would be for free and one would cost. 

Also said -

Alan Nixon ‏@reluctantnicko 

Seem to be struggling on wage front. Baptiste has better offers. Burke likely to stay. Vaughan will be dear.

Well that's us knackered on the Baptiste front as well then

f*ck sake, why can't we just push the boat out for once? If we can't afford Baptiste or Vaughan how the hell will we be getting "6 quality Championship players" Sam Rush was on about? 

No doubt it was just a load of ******** to sell ST's.

Calm down! Nothing has happened, lets just wait and see what we get before we go mental!

f*ck sake, why can't we just push the boat out for once? If we can't afford Baptiste or Vaughan how the hell will we be getting "6 quality Championship players" Sam Rush was on about? 

No doubt it was just a load of ******** to sell ST's.

Did he say 6 quality Championship players? Well that's very subjective, he could say we already have 2 of them in Grant and Martin

Clough said we'd be going for 6 quality championship players

I think as far as our targets which have been rumoured:

Quality - grant, Vaughan, Burke, baptiste, Grigg, Russell

Unsure - Martin

Okay - Forsyth, (maybe Martin), waghorn, humphries and most of the others

Would love to see us push out the boat and ensure at least 5 of the 6 are from that top bracket, or players at the same level as those, currently I can see us getting 2 from each bracket, which I think would move us on abit, but if we want to really compete I think we need a few more

Clough said we'd be going for 6 quality championship players

I think as far as our targets which have been rumoured:

Quality - grant, Vaughan, Burke, baptiste, Grigg, Russell

Unsure - Martin

Okay - Forsyth, (maybe Martin), waghorn, humphries and most of the others

Would love to see us push out the boat and ensure at least 5 of the 6 are from that top bracket, or players at the same level as those, currently I can see us getting 2 from each bracket, which I think would move us on abit, but if we want to really compete I think we need a few more

Grigg and Russell have never played in the Championship 

Archived