James Vaughan

matty1

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@trisbk U r in front of Derby in Vaughan race. But not done yet. By a long way.

@2753cox Huddersfield offering more in Vaughan chase.

@scottnixon001 @simonmick1 @2753cox Willing to pay better wages.

Can't blame Rush. He's our CEO, he can try and get money out of GSE but if they aren't willing to support he's helpless. Time will tell, if they start to offer more we might kick our arses into the gear. Depends what back-up targets we have and how much we want the players. 

Why can't we out-wage Huddersfield?

Thought Sam Rush said he's backing Nigel Clough? Backing him with what, a pack of Skittles and a Mars Bar?

Come on Sam. 

Come on just because it's on Twitter doesn't make it true  :rolleyes:

Sam Rush is the one who said they'll be 5-6 quality players coming in, and if we're losing out on players to teams like Huddersfield then what are we going to do? Then again, I don't know what players he classes as 'quality'.. 

Ohh well, free's that no one wants anyone?  :rolleyes: 

I'm getting used to it now.

Sam Rush is the one who said they'll be 5-6 quality players coming in, and if we're losing out on players to teams like Huddersfield then what are we going to do? Then again, I don't know what players he classes as 'quality'.. 

Ohh well, free's that no one wants anyone?  :rolleyes: 

I'm getting used to it now.

Aren't we all. In all fairness i blew Baptiste and Burke out the water straight away, they are pinnacle championship players. Vaughan is realistic in my opinion. Just hope we have back-up targets.

Would you be happy paying over 8k a week for Vaughan though ? Considering his injury record.

I don't think halfway through May is the time to start throwing the toys out of the pram regarding summer transfers. 

Would you be happy paying over 8k a week for Vaughan though ? Considering his injury record.

I don't think halfway through May is the time to start throwing the toys out of the pram regarding summer transfers. 

Considering that the fee is rumoured to be less than 1m, yes. 

Who else can you get who has a fairly decent total in a poor side? 

Considering that the fee is rumoured to be less than 1m, yes. 

Who else can you get who has a fairly decent total in a poor side? 

I don't rate Vaughan that much tbh, i'm delighted with Grant and Martin however i feel there are much better options available for an out-and-out goalscorer, players like Pope, Madden, Grigg. Whether these players fit in with our budget is another question. 

I don't rate Vaughan that much tbh, i'm delighted with Grant and Martin however i feel there are much better options available for an out-and-out goalscorer, players like Pope, Madden, Grigg. Whether these players fit in with our budget is another question. 

I think a Grigg/Russell would be a good fall back option.

If we can get Vaughan for under a mil i think we should. 14 goals in 32 games is good, not to mention the side he played in. Obviously injuries are a concern and they'd be the only put off for me. Vaughan was tipped for big things a few years back and with the right management i think he could be a top player in this division. 

Archived