James Vaughan

matty1

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's ****. Theo is better and Theos *****.

Theo is indeed probably a more productive goal-scorer, and he's not *****. However, Vaughan can also score, he played in a dreadful Huddersfield side and might actually be of some threat to the opposition, which would be nice.

Amusingly, we haven't been any real threat since we dropped Theo, aside from the Ward purple spell. And yet folk still think he's crap.

Vaughan would be decent. He's quick, he can score, he'll do. 

If he can stay fit he'll bag 20. I'm that confident. Hope we sign him!

I don't think he will, though I think around 15 isn't an unreasonable request, should he stay fit. I am aware he got near that this season, but he'll have to stay fit and I wouldn't count on it for a full seasons worth.

When we play on the floor, and have someone to put the ball in the net on the pitch, they get chances, rather than how its been since Theo was buggered off, leaving us with no-one on the end of anything.

Theo had 9 by the start of December, he was on for 20, before he was dropped. Vaughan will make himself involved more and will lay a few more on so won't always be on the end of move, but looking at our forward line, we're desperate for someone like him to actually be there to score. He could easily manage 15, should he play enough and do what he's capable of.

Sammon isn't going to do it, Martin will prefer to set goals up, Mason can't be relied upon and Ward has purple patches but otherwise fades in and out, nor will he play there constantly. So Vaughan would be a very pleasing addition.

So we should go get him. 

I'd like Vaughan a technically better Theo in my eyes. In the eyes of Huddersfield too apparently seeing as though he's kept him out the team!

Not sure why people aren't keen for us to sign him

Could mean as well that if we take Vaughan from Hudderfield, they'll take Theo off us?

Could mean as well that if we take Vaughan from Hudderfield, they'll take Theo off us?

Not likely, he's played one minute of football out of the last 8 games and wasn't even in the squad for six of those. I don't think he's injured either, before somebody says it.

Lets hope so. If people are coming in in the next couple of weeks as it seems surely there's some deals tied up for the deadwood to go.

Huddersfield fans are very confident that they'll have him back next season, they seem to think he's got a deep affiliation and love for the club. Personally, I think it will come down to money and success, as with most transfers.

Huddersfield fans are very confident that they'll have him back next season, they seem to think he's got a deep affiliation and love for the club. Personally, I think it will come down to money and success, as with most transfers.

That's us out then ;)

Steven Davies has managed 38 apperances and scored 13. Is he injury prone?  

Steve Davies was just phenomenally unlucky. Who can ever forget the day when he got snagged on a splinter coming off the bench and tore his entire buttock off - or indeed the life-threatening paper-cut when he pulled his newspaper out of the letter box and severed three fingers in the process. 

Archived