Richard Keogh

BorneoRam

I actually think we'll do alright with the strikers we have if Savies stays. Who could we sign for the money available that is better than Theo Savies or Ward?

Steve Clarridge.

Or we could sell Theo for £50k, i'll go down to my local athletics club and find someone who can do exactly the same job as Theo for, at a guess, £500 a week. Everyones a winner.

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Steve Clarridge.

Or we could sell Theo for £50k, i'll go down to my local athletics club and find someone who can do exactly the same job as Theo for, at a guess, £500 a week. Everyones a winner.

You mean you know someone else who can hit the corner flag with the ball from the penalty spot, I dont believe you.

[size=1](Im joking)[/size]

I too wonder - the reasons we were told Shackell was sold was that it would allow us to re-invest in two or more players, yet Keogh's been signed for over a million quid. This tells us that either:

a) Shacks was sold for a lot more than £1.1m

b ) the owners have been forced to dip into their pockets when they were not going to because of the backlash against Shackell's departure.

Interesting comment by Nigel about Keogh's signing that we "pushed the boat out a little" to get him here, therefore deals for White (and others?) are less likely now.

Where that leaves us is a good centre half has gone, a good centre half has come, and we're still short up front.

I thought it was 850,000.

I thought it was 850,000.

Derby Tel says today fee is undisclosed but deal is worth more than £1 million.

Points out that fee is largest paid by NC since his arrival and tops Barks and Shacks.

I don't know whether they're including anything to do with Ball in that, but surely cov would be paying us a loan fee to take him on?

Shackell sold and bulk of money up front (reason why a £1.2m bid rejected turned into a £1.1m accepted)

Spend some on Coutts and Jacobs (together with Maguire and Addison fees), rest on an upfront payment on Keogh (the rest needing paying at a later date)

Savings of Maguire, Addison, Shackell and Greens wages from last year's wage budget

Shackell sold and the money used and improvement in the squad as a whole - but still have a bit to pay to Coventry in the future

Just because the total fees dont add up to shackells providing enough to pay for the other players in full doesnt mean it didnt allow deals to be struck to bring them in.

hence the statement from Clough "its a bit more complicated than that" when asked if Shackell's fee had paid for the three incoming players

Derby Tel says today fee is undisclosed but deal is worth more than £1 million.

Points out that fee is largest paid by NC since his arrival and tops Barks and Shacks.

I don't know whether they're including anything to do with Ball in that, but surely cov would be paying us a loan fee to take him on?

Fair enough.

Im very happy with the signing of Keogh. No doubt he can be just as good if not better than Shackell. But the fees worry me.

Shackell had 2 years left on his deal and costed a reported 1.1m

Keogh had 1 year left on his deal.and costed a fee believed to be in the excess of 1m

Mayybe Clough needed a quick sale to secure his target before others such as Cardiff signed him?

Im very happy with the signing of Keogh. No doubt he can be just as good if not better than Shackell. But the fees worry me.

Keogh had 1 year left on his deal.and costed a fee believed to be in the excess of 1m

Mayybe Clough needed a quick sale to secure his target before others such as Cardiff signed him?

...either that or Keogh is a better younger player.

Age makes a huge difference in transfer fees and a 25 year old with just sky of 100 championship appearances is going to be valued a lot higher than a 29 year old who's moved about a bit. Interestingly, we received the highest fee ever paid for Shackell.

Or, most of the Shackell fee was paid to us upfront, meaning we are able to pay part of the Keogh fee now.

Transfer fees aren't as simple as a lump of cash going straight into a bank account. Transfer fees in which most of it is paid up front are very sought after for a club selling a player.

I think Nigel thought Shackel was in love with himself too much. I noticed how Shackel strutted around on the awards night, and he never wore the club suit like the rest of the players.

I remember reading on a leicester forum when they were linked with him, that someone who was at Norwich with him said 'he was a massively cocky ****'

Steve Clarridge.

Theo is a proven championship scorer. He'll never be a top player but he will score goals at this level. I understand fans not liking him because Clough got him for next to nothing - therefore he must be w@nk.

The fact is that Theo scored 10 league goals in 27 starts. Not the best goals per game ratio but a reasonable return for a young lad who couldn't get a game at Millwall.

If someone at your local athletics club could score more than 1 in 3 at this level then send Nige his details quickly.

Might save us a few quid!

Theo is a proven championship scorer. He'll never be a top player but he will score goals at this level. I understand fans not liking him because Clough got him for next to nothing - therefore he must be w@nk.

The fact is that Theo scored 10 league goals in 27 starts. Not the best goals per game ratio but a reasonable return for a young lad who couldn't get a game at Millwall.

If someone at your local athletics club could score more than 1 in 3 at this level then send Nige his details quickly.

Might save us a few quid!

10 goals in 27 games is hardly a proven Championship goalscorer, you're not proven at any level until you consistently score for a number of seasons.

I dont dislike him cos he was cheap, i dislike him cos he cant trap a bag of cement and epitomises a lot that is wrong with English football and at times, what is wrong with us.

That's very harsh. No Theo ain't ever gonna be Lionel Messi but he gives an awful lot to the rest of the team which other so called better players don't i.e Tyson.

I've seen some absolute **** over the years up front for Derby and Theo Robinson ain't one of the worst! Chris Porter on the other hand... I would imagine that you haven't actually played the game at a high level if you don't understand what Theo brings to us...

That's very harsh. No Theo ain't ever gonna be Lionel Messi but he gives an awful lot to the rest of the team which other so called better players don't i.e Tyson.

I've seen some absolute **** over the years up front for Derby and Theo Robinson ain't one of the worst! Chris Porter on the other hand... I would imagine that you haven't actually played the game at a high level if you don't understand what Theo brings to us...

What level you played to? Retired Championship striker?

I know exactly what he brings, he works hard, is lightening quick and never stops trying. Not saying he doesnt have his uses, cos he does.

His actual footballing ability is very little and he's got where he has today on his physical attributes, like Theo Walcott has.

Theo also has a decent footballing brain. Half the time you can see what he's trying to do, just his massive legs won't play ball (if you'll pardon the pun).

If he can link his brain to his body a bit better, he'd improve a lot. Mind you, you can say that about any footballer.

Archived