Richard Keogh

BorneoRam

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ok shackell was cr@p at distribution compared to keogh

I haven't seen Keogh yet (looking forward to seeing the new lads in action tomorrow!) but I thought Shackell was one of the better ball-playing CBs we've had in the last 5/6 years... The game he played at LB he was immense, great powerful forward runs, comfortable with the ball at his feet, never looked pressured and could hit a nice pass when he needed to... yes, occasionally one of those passes went awry, but overall he was quality...

Whilst I'd like to whine as much as everyone else about him not being that good it sounds like sour grapes since he was our most consistent player last season, and would still have been an absolute asset this season... on the other hand the business of getting him out to improve the rest of the team was a sound decision...

Shackell crap!!

We've just conceded 5 goals in 45 minutes to a league one side.

Making any judgements on one freak game like that is as bad as doing it in any other. Paul Jewell's squad, shortly after his departure, defeated Manchester United 1-0, was that the best the squad we have had since going up?

If we conceded 5 on Saturday, then maybe its time to get worried, but one freak result in one cup game shouldn't be used to make judgements on the team.

yeah but the CBs played well it was naylor at laft back that did it

I thought Hughes and Brayford looked at fault for the first one... And Bucko seemd quite out of place for a coupla the others...

But it's gonna take a while for them to settle, can't see them still defending that badly once they've got a few games together...

I thought Hughes and Brayford looked at fault for the first one... And Bucko seemd quite out of place for a coupla the others...

But it's gonna take a while for them to settle, can't see them still defending that badly once they've got a few games together...

1st coutts gave the ball away and there was some good skill by there player the second was a great strike by them coming down the left third game from the left admittedly brayford was out jumped fouth was scrappy and we were unlucky with the parry and the fifth was a pen given away by jacobs after some more attacking from the left the defence looked solid and like theyd gelled bucko was fine it was when roberts came off is when it all went to pot.

You're the first person to mention Hughes and I agree with you. Didn't put enough pressure on the man with the ball. Hendrick woulda stopped it.

That's a lot down to inexperience and the game feeling a little bit like a preseason game. Doesn't mean he wasn't at fault though.

yeah but the CBs played well it was naylor at laft back that did it

Watch the goals mate lord keogh is at fault aswell. Before I get the yeah buts, people are blaming naylor who played out of position and cost next to nothing from non league and he's getting mullered, just trying to even it up here our 1m man got turned just as bad, but dont worry he can pass and talk

Watch the goals mate lord keogh is at fault aswell. Before I get the yeah buts, people are blaming naylor who played out of position and cost next to nothing from non league and he's getting mullered, just trying to even it up here our 1m man got turned just as bad, but dont worry he can pass and talk

I agree 100% Keogh got skinned inside the box he was at fault for one of the goals. If you watch some of his footage on RAMS player aswell he has been lucky a few times with the side pass to Bucko across the front of his own box. Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't that the first thing you are taught as a defender don't pass straight across your area. I can see him get caught out with that one this season as it has been close a few times. I hope I am wrong.

I agree 100% Keogh got skinned inside the box he was at fault for one of the goals. If you watch some of his footage on RAMS player aswell he has been lucky a few times with the side pass to Bucko across the front of his own box. Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't that the first thing you are taught as a defender don't pass straight across your area. I can see him get caught out with that one this season as it has been close a few times. I hope I am wrong.

Finally somebody who agrees I've seen him twice and he's Been done twice by lower league strikers and most of the goals conceded were calamitus, but I'm not to fussed season starts tomorrow for me I just hope he stops getting turned whenever anybody runs at him reminds me a bit like Paul connelly backs of backs of then turns his back, hope he does well. As for poty for 4 years in a row was for shut teams and it don't mean ote look at Lee croft, connelly, at the moment think the team lacks a striker and a player that can slide tackle because at times it looks like we are after a place in Europe through the fair play league either that or we've sacked the kitman and they don't want to get dirty

Archived