Richard Keogh

BorneoRam

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If money was available we wouldn't of needed to sell Shackell in order to buy Keogh and we'd have both.

Money clearly isn't available, other than possibly topping up on what we've received a bit.

I think NC has a CF or 2 on loan lined up, plus a £1.5m buy if we sell Davies, Bailey and maybe Tyson

I think NC has a CF or 2 on loan lined up, plus a £1.5m buy if we sell Davies, Bailey and maybe Tyson

Yeh hopefully, but in reality thats money that has been made from sales mostly rather than money given to him by the owners to spend. I think the Keogh fee has been exaggerated possibly by using the ball loan to make it sound like they are putting money into the squad, probably because of the reaction to the Shackell deal.

Yeh hopefully, but in reality thats money that has been made from sales mostly rather than money given to him by the owners to spend. I think the Keogh fee has been exaggerated possibly by using the ball loan to make it sound like they are putting money into the squad, probably because of the reaction to the Shackell deal.

Quite possibly. To be fair they did they spending would be broadly neutral this summer. We appear to have hit the bottom of the austerity swallow dive. Will we start on a upward rise? Probably not, unless we find ourselves top six in Jan.

Quite possibly. To be fair they did they spending would be broadly neutral this summer. We appear to have hit the bottom of the austerity swallow dive. Will we start on a upward rise? Probably not, unless we find ourselves top six in Jan.

Lets hope we do. I think surely if we were close in Jan they would consider going for it seeing as though any chance of them making money is surely dependent on promotion. I really don't think we are far off, the striker seems to be the player we can't afford to push the boat out to get.

• 3 weeks later...

I follow a few burnley fans on twitter and some of them have said he's looking a little hit and miss. Thinking back on it though the only thing i remeber shackell being good for is winning headers along the back four. But from the games ive saw (pretty much all of them) Keogh contributes more. He seems like he can pass well and even knock it pass a striker if under pressure, he also looks like he isnt sacred of putting a header in, in the corner department . Only the new season will tell but i think Keogh is going to prove to be better i.e we will concede less goals, score more.

Only the new season will tell but i think Keogh is going to prove to be better i.e we will concede less goals, score more.

How many goals did we actually concede through corners / set piece from the wings though?

Obviously, we can't put an actual figure on it but I remember remarking towards the end of last season that, for saying we were supposedly weak at defending crosses, I couldn't think of the last one we'd conceded from.

Archived