Richard Keogh

BorneoRam

Good luck with Keogh guys, he nearly single handedly kept us up last season and was our player of the year by a mile. Shame we continue to sell our best players but I'm glad he's not gone to Cardiff who seem to enjoy raiding our team for our best players. Sure he will be awesome for you as he was for us, just hope we got a sell on although knowing the way our idiots run the club, fat chance! Quick question, how good is Callum Ball, do you think/expect him to score goals for us and be a regular?

Yeah, he's got a great left foot and some good technique. Has potential to be a decent championship striker and could get a few goals for you this season. Hope all goes well and you can get back up. Will you be pushing for automatics this season?

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good luck with Keogh guys, he nearly single handedly kept us up last season and was our player of the year by a mile. Shame we continue to sell our best players but I'm glad he's not gone to Cardiff who seem to enjoy raiding our team for our best players. Sure he will be awesome for you as he was for us, just hope we got a sell on although knowing the way our idiots run the club, fat chance! Quick question, how good is Callum Ball, do you think/expect him to score goals for us and be a regular?

It's nice to see abit of honesty instead of sour grapes, thanks for the insight. As for C. Ball I believe he'll do well for you. I don't think he looks out of place with us last year, just needs to get into more goalscoring positions. He's got plenty of talent and it looks like he's shed a few pounds over the summer.. He should be a good signing. Hope he does well.

As for us coming straight back up, who knows, with current owners it seems only way is down? I don't want to underestimate league one plus we've lost cranie and Keogh and replaced them with no-nonsense unknown french imports! Hoping John Fleck will be a good signing so fingers crossed we will do ok. If you offered me play-offs now I'd snap your hand off.

This really does sound a quality signing seem to fit the kind of player were trying to build a team of too. The 3 players we've signed so far have all been the best player at the club they've come from so its seems we've done some really good business.

As it stands Davies and Bailey are staying so with Hendrick Bryson now into their second year together and the youngsters a year older who knows.

If only Barker wasn't injured!!

All our signings this season have made a big deal of going on about how Clough effected their decision (and Moor Farm of course) Both Jacobs and Keogh seemed to be signings we had a lot of competition for. Maybe Nigels got some pulling power now!

A footballer with good music taste is perhaps as rare as the Galápagos tortoise, unfortunately after watching that we're still searching for one!

We have Barks. His record collection is respectable.

Hey, compared to the majority of footballers he is our John Peel!!

All our signings this season have made a big deal of going on about how Clough effected their decision (and Moor Farm of course) Both Jacobs and Keogh seemed to be signings we had a lot of competition for. Maybe Nigels got some pulling power now!

Hopefully so- the word has been spreading the last few years that Nige will give young lads a chance in the first team if they are willing to work for it and we are seeing the fruits of this now. Footballers talk to each other- word of mouth is far more effective than "propaganda" in any walk of life- more so in the world of professional football which attracts a huge amount of media bullsh*t.

The way that players move between clubs and divisions ensures a healthy connection between past team matesand managers that is more believable than the ***** printed in the tabloids. If Nige is seen to be a no nonsense boss that rewards endeavour- the true pros will want to play for him.

He also is developing a track record of signing "professional" pros that have been around a bit and earned accolades through hard work and honesty rather than flair- a great trait in the champ where long hard seasons demand dedication rather than out and out ability.

I am sure that this may read that we are accepting the mundane, grinding out results but I in recent seasons this has often been the recipe for promotion. All we need now is that striker!!!

I want to apologise for actually believing that Shackell played quite well when he was with us.Now its clear

that he was in fact er well crap.really.Funny that i never got that opinion from everybody before he was sold.

I guess i wasn't reading between the lines properly,and ,anyway,what do i know?Actually it makes good

business to sell a good player who we know for less than hes worth and pay more for a player who we don't

know.Is it too early to nominate Mr. Keogh for player of the season?

I want to apologise for actually believing that Shackell played quite well when he was with us.Now its clear

that he was in fact er well crap.really.Funny that i never got that opinion from everybody before he was sold.

I guess i wasn't reading between the lines properly,and ,anyway,what do i know?Actually it makes good

business to sell a good player who we know for less than hes worth and pay more for a player who we don't

Shackell? Who's Shackell? 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/blink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':blink:' />

BRIS, what have I told you about hacking people's accounts?!

Seriously, for someone with such an optimistic username, you're quite negative. Burnley payed 1.1 million for a championship experienced, 29 year old centre back. We payed about the same ( not forgetting old Callium) for a championship experienced, 25 year old centre back. Keogh could turn out to be a key part of a decent Derby team which wins promotion in the coming seasons. Shacks wouldn't have been able to do that.

Archived