Richard Keogh

BorneoRam

Why? From the outside like where I work they are saying you have signed some random bloke from a poor league 2 side, a player who Preston didn't want and a defender from a team that got relegated. They are all Sheffield folk though

And thats probably why they work where you work and not in the football scouting world.

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why? From the outside like where I work they are saying you have signed some random bloke from a poor league 2 side, a player who Preston didn't want and a defender from a team that got relegated. They are all Sheffield folk though

Michael Jacobs is no random bloke, he was one of the most promising players in League 2, if not the most promising.

think powell from crewe might have summat to say bout most promising

Powell and Jacobs were mentioned as the two most promising players (by some distance) in league two last season.

Coutts has never been questioned about his ability - attitude maybe, never ability and quite a few admirers.

Keogh has won POTY in the past 4 season - if nothing else I expect consistency!

Michael Jacobs is no random bloke, he was one of the most promising players in League 2, if not the most promising.

Why has he joined us then? If he was that good as people have put he would be moving to the prem where they collect any young decent players, as the Powell lad shows.

Why has he joined us then? If he was that good as people have put he would be moving to the prem where they collect any young decent players, as the Powell lad shows.

There were rumours that Prem clubs were interested

Perhaps us the possibility of actually playing and not sitting on the bench?

There's more to some players decisions than division the club is in or the money on offer.

Jacobs was that good he was named above players like Izzale in the PFA team for last year....just they forgot to put his name down.

Last POTY signing we got from a team just being relegated was........lets hope there is no consistency there.

Only time will tell.....

There were rumours that Prem clubs were interested

Perhaps us the possibility of actually playing and not sitting on the bench?

There's more to some players decisions than division the club is in or the money on offer.

Rumours of interest, didnt we beat Peterbrough and Charlton to his signature? If a prem club comes sniffing they go, lets get in the real world.

Powell and Jacobs were mentioned as the two most promising players (by some distance) in league two last season.

Coutts has never been questioned about his ability - attitude maybe, never ability and quite a few admirers.

Keogh has won POTY in the past 4 season - if nothing else I expect consistency!

I was merely pointing out that Powell has gone to man utd so will have been the most promising. Think all 3 signings have the potential to be very good signings.

Will do, i'll come back onto the forum after 8-10 games with full analysis on how I see he's performed! As for the recommended saying "Ball to Bag" when he scores, think that might cause me grief as no doubt my 6 year old son will ask why I'm saying it!

Will do, i'll come back onto the forum after 8-10 games with full analysis on how I see he's performed! As for the recommended saying "Ball to Bag" when he scores, think that might cause me grief as no doubt my 6 year old son will ask why I'm saying it!

If he scores two you can always role out the ol': "Ball bags a brace" routine.

Erm he's good enough to join Derby County! I forgot Powell but after that, he was the most promising. Joining a club like Derby proves he is no random bloke, and comparing him to a player who just signed for the biggest club in the world isn't fair.

Unless of course the prediction is that we're buggered and that we've sold our best player for naff all and we're going down and the club is being bled dry by the board and destroyed by "the man" a manager who has no clue.

Of course THOSE kind of predictions are allowed well before the season starts. Eh young ram?

No, if you read my post you would see the word "moan" in my post. I would advise against any predictions on how we are going to do as we simply do not know.

What recent history is that then, no of clubs I presume, why has he had more than say Keogh in his career ?

I can only go on what both Glick and Clough has said, and that was that Shackell was sold to reinvest into other areas of the team as well as another C/B, if Shackell was behind this move then why was this not stated, Clough is not one for hiding behind the real reasons.

Lets face it, you know as much as the next person on this forum about the real reasons, and its pure speculation to suggest otherwise.

I too wonder - the reasons we were told Shackell was sold was that it would allow us to re-invest in two or more players, yet Keogh's been signed for over a million quid. This tells us that either:

a) Shacks was sold for a lot more than £1.1m

b ) the owners have been forced to dip into their pockets when they were not going to because of the backlash against Shackell's departure.

Interesting comment by Nigel about Keogh's signing that we "pushed the boat out a little" to get him here, therefore deals for White (and others?) are less likely now.

Where that leaves us is a good centre half has gone, a good centre half has come, and we're still short up front.

Archived