Richard Keogh

BorneoRam

Slide tackling is that last thing we want. A slide tackle is absolutely the last resort in modern football. The game is all about positioning, staying on your feet and pressuring the opposing team into making a mistake. The first goal Ssausagehorpe scored, for example, Keogh was doing exactly the right thing - staying on his feet and forcing the player out wide. Diving in in that situation is more than likely going to end in a penalty and a possible red card.

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Slide tackling is that last thing we want. A slide tackle is absolutely the last resort in modern football. The game is all about positioning, staying on your feet and pressuring the opposing team into making a mistake. The first goal Ssausagehorpe scored, for example, Keogh was doing exactly the right thing - staying on his feet and forcing the player out wide. Diving in in that situation is more than likely going to end in a penalty and a possible red card.

agreed.

Who mentioned a slide tackle? he played it through his legs. I.e. a nut meg inside the area. How about just shutting your legs and showing the attacking oposition the line. It wasn't so much the nut meg if you watch any of the bits on Rams player you will see the ball across the box to Bucko. I have seen it in 4 seperate games and it is a little worrying.

I'm sorry but IMO I do not think he is anywhere as good as Shackell. I think he is the one who commands the back 4 and to let 5 goals in against a team from a league below is poor.

What are suggesting that because I live in London I don't watch them week in week out?

I follow home and away Including dragging my poor pregnant Girlfriend to Southampton away on her due date!!! I know it's a bad one but couldn't resist the lure of the RAMS...

I am born in Ashbourne and moved to London hence the London Ram.

I stick by what I say IMO he is not as good as Shackell. I also think there was more to Shackell leaving than the money. I just hope we see a good hard working opening game tomorrow.

What are suggesting that because I live in London I don't watch them week in week out?

I follow home and away Including dragging my poor pregnant Girlfriend to Southampton away on her due date!!! I know it's a bad one but couldn't resist the lure of the RAMS...

I am born in Ashbourne and moved to London hence the London Ram.

I stick by what I say IMO he is not as good as Shackell. I also think there was more to Shackell leaving than the money. I just hope we see a good hard working opening game tomorrow.

calm down - i'm sure you are a proper fan and all that...

how often have you seen keogh? prob not enough to make a proper judgement yet.

AGREED!! I haven't seen him enough I said IMO he isn't as good as Shacks and I also said I hope i'm wrong. anyways all together now. We hate Nottingham said we hate Nottingham.

Who has ?

Like WLR i worry about our defence, i said it months ago, i dont think Keogh was NC's 1st choice, replacement for Shacks, i think Joel Lynch was... but hey 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wacko' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':wacko:' /> , he's young at 26, and may well yet become a legend here, fingers crossed for the lad. (I wish we had him and Shacks)

Anyway seen this ? looks a bit 'lost' while searching his mind for platitudes...... and doesn't sound totally convincing for me....

but in some ways,reading between the lines, he is telling the truth, about the squad, but promotion ? toes crossed aswell then.

[url=http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19285514]http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/19285514

in the words of richard keogh. "yeah...no...you know...like i said" his new interview with smash records , every answer. its like 7 mins... i nearly put my foot throught the screen. s

And eeeerrrrr eeeerrrrrmmm sounds like somebody we know, hey I want this guy to be immense but I was also putting some prospective in as naylor was getting (nailed) for the goals but keogh our top capture of the summer seemed to get away with it

Archived