Jason Shackell

BorneoRam

Spoke to a mate last night whose dad is on the board... Apparently shackells fee was actually 750k not the 1.1m banded around. Plus Keogh fee was closer to 1.5m according to him. Sounds to me like there is money to spend n there tryin to keep it quiet!

Your mate whose dad is on the board?? Male or female just out of interest?

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dads are usually males.

They are indeed though I am quite clearly asking if the " mate" is male or female. However to fall in line with the pedantic answer by our battery operated member I would point out that in these modern times of same sex marriage there are " parental options" in accordance to " dad"!! Just saying. Take it or leave it.

Now then... about this mate?

They are indeed though I am quite clearly asking if the " mate" is male or female. However to fall in line with the pedantic answer by our battery operated member I would point out that in these modern times of same sex marriage there are " parental options" in accordance to " dad"!! Just saying. Take it or leave it.

He probably hasn't thought his story through that far yet 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Male lol! I couldnt believe it myself but he was adamant. Seems strange but joes comment on app fees sees plausible although I suppose if they have money they wouldn't need to worry bout that. Accordin to him it was the major shareholders that pushed it through most of the board wanted him to stay n opposed it

It could be appearences, could be he was on a stupid contract to get himn here in the first place.

Could even be he didnt see eye to eye with clough or the management team.

It could be anything.]

I dont buy that we sold him for 750k though.

not if we really did reject 3 bids for him first.

I also dont believe for one moment that we had a definate deal with Keogh at all, or else they would have announced him much much sooner.

As for "My dads on the board".... unless your dad is glick or appleby.... then your dad lives in the USA and very very rarely every comes to britain.

Male lol! I couldnt believe it myself but he was adamant. Seems strange but joes comment on app fees sees plausible although I suppose if they have money they wouldn't need to worry bout that. Accordin to him it was the major shareholders that pushed it through most of the board wanted him to stay n opposed it

Is your mates dad working actually at Pride Park stadium and on the board of directors who work directly for the club? And are you based in UK? Derby area perhaps?

Spoke to a mate last night whose dad is on the board... Apparently shackells fee was actually 750k not the 1.1m banded around. Plus Keogh fee was closer to 1.5m according to him. Sounds to me like there is money to spend n there tryin to keep it quiet!

Hang on, if we bought him for 750k, which we did, and sold him for 750k, like you claim, then why did glick in his interview say we had to pay barnsley a small percentage of the profit. In your scenario there is no profit, so no payment to barnsley?

Something doesnt add up there.

Good player that Shackell, wouldn't mind him here.

Me too.

Do you think we could sign him for, say, £834,632. Then, if he left next season, we could make a profit or loss of about £136,327, less £26,232 for admin and running costs and £2 parking fees. That should put us in a profit or loss situation on the deal, which has probably become more important than anything to do with how well we perform n the field, at least for many.

Keogh in. All the best to Shackell. Onwards and Upwards....

So if we sold to avoid paying 300k and we did get 750k for him why would we add another 750k to buy keogh if 300k is the stiking point why would we spend another 750k. Think some people make it up as they go along

That's why I was confused but he was adamant as I said! He's based in the UK there's only a few American board members. Plus he's not my dad he's a mates dad. Btw just because he's on the board doesn't mean he works there full time, he's probs a non exec n a shareholder.

I'm as confused about the situation as the rest of u but my only explanation would be that they are trying to cover up having money to spend, to keep the fans from asking for stupid transfers and other clubs asking for extortionate transfer fees.

Archived