Jason Shackell

BorneoRam

why?

u choose to support the club, and no-one asks u to explain changing ure car or fridge

with the greatest repect, changing my car and my fridge is no one else's business or cost but as a season ticket holder I am entitled to know what is happening and why? The club are quick on the uptake when it comes to renewing season tickets and such but appear to be less forthcoming when it comes to telling people what is happening with our financial input!

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I tend to agree marko, if only the board would talk openly about their plans. They could still carry them through but at least everyone would know what was what.

Is that not feasible?

Why? Why do we "deserve an explanation" ? We got a bid for a player and we sold him....so what?

Seeing as though the fans are the people who plug money into the club surely it's the decent thin for them to tell us what they're doing with it.

how much more transparency do we need about this bloody transfer? enough has come out in the press for me to believe the money will be reinvested wisely. until the club has replaced shackell they’re not going to say what they're ‘hypothetically’ doing. my money's on two players in by this time next week. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

how much more transparency do we need about this bloody transfer? enough has come out in the press for me to believe the money will be reinvested wisely. until the club has replaced shackell they’re not going to say what they're ‘hypothetically’ doing. my money's on two players in by this time next week. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Given how long this whole situation has dragged on I must admit that despite my grievences as to how this whole thing has been handled, I starting to think that your patience is the best policy DAILLY22. Maybe rather than slag the club off we should see what happens over the next week or so and then pass judgement thereafter.

with the greatest repect, changing my car and my fridge is no one else's business or cost but as a season ticket holder I am entitled to know what is happening and why? The club are quick on the uptake when it comes to renewing season tickets and such but appear to be less forthcoming when it comes to telling people what is happening with our financial input!

We know what's happening with our financial input it's not enough to sustain the club yet hence sell to buy and wage cutting in mind for ffp. I hope we get to be self sustainable then maybe instead of covering debts they will invest in the squad or they will be in a good position to sell the club. My fear is we have nearly done the hard part but somebody might buy us spend wods of cash then back to square 1 again.

just a thought...............

When Nigel took over as manager he inherited a Left Centre Back who he found completely exasperating.

I can't remember his name but think he was Scandinavian. His contract was eventually paid off.

Nigel was terse in his comments - ' we have a centre back who has gone through a whole season without getting a yellow card'.

Glick may thing he is being positive when he states that Shackell has played every minute of every game.

Maybe Nigel has a different viewpoint ??

Lets leave shackell now he has gone and nothing will change that instead of slating the club we need to wait and see his replacement

then we can start slating if they are not good enough.Anyone got any actual decent replacements in mind that wouldnt break the bank and isnt too old.

just a thought...............

When Nigel took over as manager he inherited a Left Centre Back who he found completely exasperating.

I can't remember his name but think he was Scandinavian. His contract was eventually paid off.

Nigel was terse in his comments - ' we have a centre back who has gone through a whole season without getting a yellow card'.

Glick may thing he is being positive when he states that Shackell has played every minute of every game.

Maybe Nigel has a different viewpoint ??

Martin albrechtsen?

We know what's happening with our financial input it's not enough to sustain the club yet hence sell to buy and wage cutting in mind for ffp. I hope we get to be self sustainable then maybe instead of covering debts they will invest in the squad or they will be in a good position to sell the club. My fear is we have nearly done the hard part but somebody might buy us spend wods of cash then back to square 1 again.

I fully understand where your coming from but my biggest "beef" at the moment is the mixed signals that all this Shackell business has caused. Glick says one thing, Nigel says another thing, we dont need to sell etc....then our skipper for next season is shipped out, and we are being linked with cut price replacements who half of our supporters have never even heard of. I'm not saying that the replacement wont be as good or better, I'm merely commenting on the signals and bad publicity that this whole escapade gives out.

Korrect .

Well, we don't even know who's going to be Cap'n next season do we? You can bet your boots the board knows though. All we can do is play guessing games and speculate.

Irrespective of the transfer fee, it is high risk selling your other first choice centre half when your No1 and captain is out for the whole of the season.

We should'nt be buying replacements, new signings should be adding to the current first choice team

Korrect

is it possible that the club are refusing to show their hands financially, so as not to have other clubs upping the price of players ie cardiff and keogh or leicester and everybody?

This is exactly my thinking. We rejected several bids for him that everyone thought was around the 1m mark so it seems odd that we'd sell him for 1.1. By not confirming the actual figure (which I reckon is probably more like 1.5m), Burnley fans can think they've got a bargain and praise the club for it's efforts and Derby can be sure other teams won't up their prices just because we have a little bit of money. Either way, I trust Nigel to sort it all out.

Ben Mee is a target.But he plays for Burnley so either this was involed in the deal or derby will be bullied into paying over the odds.

Great signing if it happens.He plays anywhere on the Left side of the Pitch but is known as a centre back.Lcb,lb,lm and lw.

Ben Mee is a target.But he plays for Burnley so either this was involed in the deal or derby will be bullied into paying over the odds.

Great signing if it happens.He plays anywhere on the Left side of the Pitch but is known as a centre back.Lcb,lb,lm and lw.

Have you got a link for this or is this what's happening in your current FM game?

Archived