Jason Shackell

BorneoRam

Ben Mee is a target.But he plays for Burnley so either this was involed in the deal or derby will be bullied into paying over the odds.

Great signing if it happens.He plays anywhere on the Left side of the Pitch but is known as a centre back.Lcb,lb,lm and lw.

very much doubt it, signed in January after a successful loan and has been ever present

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

righto

Imagine my delight after returning to the UK after 6 weeks in the desert with zero comms to the outside world and finding out we had sold Shackell, as predicted......

.....so then Mr Shilton, and Martyn, not so cocky now.......binners!!!

Imagine my delight after returning to the UK after 6 weeks in the desert with zero comms to the outside world and finding out we had sold Shackell, as predicted......

Delighted that we've sold a player just so you can come back and say you were right.

Wow.

You predicted something with secret inside info that eventually happened. And?

Sorry source or you got lucky. I could make up crap every five minutes and some of them right. Bringing old posts and shouting "See!" screams of desperation. Nice try though.

Give us a few more predictions and get them right and you then may get a bit of recognition. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Seeing as though the fans are the people who plug money into the club surely it's the decent thin for them to tell us what they're doing with it.

the days when the fans are the ones who pump money into the club are long long long long gone......if you take your theory, then the sponsors should be told about any deals, alon gwith Sky TV as THEY are the ones "pumping"money into the club not Mr Average paying his 200 pound for a season ticket and 50 for the new kit.....

Erm, I started this thread 3 months ago because it was reported in the national press, it has been rumbling on ever since, hardly a difficult call. The thing that annoys me is that before we sold him we signed Jacobs and I was really happy with that, our defense looked ok, and I could see Jacobs on the right and ward on the left causing problems. Centre mid looked ok if we kept Bailey We were after a striker and I honestly thought if he got that right we could be in contention for top 6. One sale and the wind seems to have dropped out of our sails, we need a good couple of signings and quick

You're a joke Mark. Pack it in.

Even when one of the mods shows you a link.

He played 31 times for them last season.

Can you get a grip on this, there are enough stupid things being said without someone just making stuff up and passing it off as fact.

Please don't warn me for being too direct. Someones got to tell him to give over.

The thing that annoys me is that before we sold him we signed Jacobs and I was really happy with that, our defense looked ok, and I could see Jacobs on the right and ward on the left causing problems. Centre mid looked ok if we kept Bailey We were after a striker and I honestly thought if he got that right we could be in contention for top 6. One sale and the wind seems to have dropped out of our sails, we need a good couple of signings and quick

I think you're right so maybe that says more about the mental state fans rather than the state of the squad?

The article referred to earlier in this thread by Steve Nicholson in the Derby Telegraph is an excellent article on where our club is and what was expected by most to drive us forward. I think it probably reflects the majority of thoughts on this.

If we had sold Shackell for enough money to replace with another centre back and a forward, I think we wouldn't have complained too much. It simply doesn't look like we have sold him for that much. So, on common sense grounds it looks like we may be worse off in defence now, and who knows whether we will be worse off up front.

We just needed to weed out a couple of the weak links and tweak the quality in some positions upwards to improve - I just don't think replacing your better players is the way to go.

Archived