Jason Shackell

BorneoRam

The facts are that we sold a proven Championship defender who played every game last season for a fee around £1 to 1.5m.

Contrast that to Forest selling a youngster in February to Chelsea for £1.5m; someone who had only ever played 2 first team games.

On this basis, we would sell Hendrick for less than that.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Might be totally wrong and I probably am but our replacement for Shacks might be under our noses. Spotted something on a Bournemouth forum that their supporters were expecting some news on Miles Addison signing today but nothing has happened and I keep reading comments online that he's been working hard in the gym and is in good shape...just a hunch?

The facts are that we sold a proven Championship defender who played every game last season for a fee around £1 to 1.5m.

Contrast that to Forest selling a youngster in February to Chelsea for £1.5m; someone who had only ever played 2 first team games.

On this basis, we would sell Hendrick for less than that.

It's a good job that's not the basis then.

Might be totally wrong and I probably am but our replacement for Shacks might be under our noses. Spotted something on a Bournemouth forum that their supporters were expecting some news on Miles Addison signing today but nothing has happened and I keep reading comments online that he's been working hard in the gym and is in good shape...just a hunch?

Seen him in derby guild hall bot two week ago the guys built like a brick sh@t house. Makes me laugh he's always been in good shape just to much muscle it's not like he's andy Reid the gym is not the solution it's the problem

Seen him in derby guild hall bot two week ago the guys built like a brick sh@t house. Makes me laugh he's always been in good shape just to much muscle it's not like he's andy Reid the gym is not the solution it's the problem

His family live in Derby, so it makes sense that you saw hm in Derby.

His family live in Derby, so it makes sense that you saw hm in Derby.

Serious his family live in derby thanks for clearing that up mate because I wouldn't of thought for one minute that a player that's come through our youth system would have family or friends in or around Derbyshire. Now that I've been corrected I was just saying I saw him and he looked pretty hench to me instead of being unfit like andy Reid, think addos problem is to much gym work so in a sense he to strong and heavy not unfit. Thank you please

I found this source.that proves EveryThing. www.fmsweden.se/topic/14306-fm09-wolves/

"Postad bild Jason Shackell 25 år

Efter blott en halv säsong lämnar Shackell, inte tänkt som startman och gjorde det bra de 10 matcherna han fick spela. Men ingen framtidsman och budet var mer än tillräckligt för ett enkelt beslut. Han tillhör numer Rangers. 10,000,000:-"

I have No idea WhaT the currency is [size=2](Swedish?)[/size], but he was clearly worth 10m of them on FM09.

Roque Santa Cruz was sold for 305m and Niko Kranjcar for 220m, so maybe 10m isn't a lot. Let's just call it 'in excess of £1.1m.

I found this source.that proves EveryThing. www.fmsweden.se/topic/14306-fm09-wolves/

Efter blott en halv säsong lämnar Shackell, inte tänkt som startman och gjorde det bra de 10 matcherna han fick spela. Men ingen framtidsman och budet var mer än tillräckligt för ett enkelt beslut. Han tillhör numer Rangers. 10,000,000:-"

I have No idea WhaT the currency is [size=2](Swedish?)[/size], but he was clearly worth 10m of them on FM09.

Roque Santa Cruz was sold for 305m and Niko Kranjcar for 220m, so maybe 10m isn't a lot. Let's just call it 'in excess of £1.1m.

having watch wallander lots and lots and become fluent in Swedish i can inform you that it's it's Swedish for 'undisclosed'

Let's do the maths.

10m is 1/30th of 305m for RSC

So Shackell was sold for 1/30 of £7m

Or £233,333.33

Think it's bull

Jesus christ thats a sobering thought.

Irrespective of who we bring in, i think that just highlights how cheap weve let shackell go.

Its a gamble by clough, but i suppose this is where managers earn their crust - if it comes off and the club does move forward then hats off too him, lets keep our fingers crossed .

just made me think, im really struggling to think of a time where Derby got good or very good money for a player.

A big thankyou to messers ridsdale and o'leary for the Seth Johnson deal and i know we got reletively good money for Wright and Saunders from liverpool - although maybe considering how important they were to us it wasnt so good

but i honestly cant think of anything else - the huddleston money i believe/read never went to the club and got creamed off by the 3 amigos.

cant think of too many others.

Serious his family live in derby thanks for clearing that up mate because I wouldn't of thought for one minute that a player that's come through our youth system would have family or friends in or around Derbyshire. Now that I've been corrected I was just saying I saw him and he looked pretty hench to me instead of being unfit like andy Reid, think addos problem is to much gym work so in a sense he to strong and heavy not unfit. Thank you please

Miles is a lump, but unfortunately he won't apply his trade at The Rams next season.

I find it extremely odd and annoying that the club are yet to give an interview or much official comment over the reasons behind this and the plans going forward. Whether he should of been sold is debatable as there's reasons for or against. I can only assume they want their response to be the announcement of his replacement.

If there's no news over the next week I'll be starting to get very frustrated. No doubt there'll be 10 interviews on the return to pre season training and the sale will not be mentioned as if nothing has happened.

The DET seem to be a bit annoyed about the lack of comment to with their description of Glicks comments and posting of articles about the "angry fans".

We surely deserve an explanation.

I'm confused more than anything. We sold him for a tiny profit, he was our best defender last season, he wanted to stay at the club. So what was the point? If Clough is thinking we'd get 2-3 quality players out of it, then it's a risk. Shackell was tried and tested, but now we're going in for kids down in the lower leagues? Unless they turn out to be superstars, I just can't see how we're gonna be pushing on next season. Could be another development step for the youngsters season.....

I find it extremely odd and annoying that the club are yet to give an interview or much official comment over the reasons behind this and the plans going forward. Whether he should of been sold is debatable as there's reasons for or against. I can only assume they want their response to be the announcement of his replacement.

If there's no news over the next week I'll be starting to get very frustrated. No doubt there'll be 10 interviews on the return to pre season training and the sale will not be mentioned as if nothing has happened.

The DET seem to be a bit annoyed about the lack of comment to with their description of Glicks comments and posting of articles about the "angry fans".

We surely deserve an explanation.

Why? Why do we "deserve an explanation" ? We got a bid for a player and we sold him....so what?

I've seen a couple of quotes from Tom Glick and from Nigel Clough saying they expect to be able to sign a replacement plus strengthen the team overall.

I read they expect to announce the signing of a centre half soon.

I think the explanation is already out there, I just think it's being ignored or not believed.

I'm confused more than anything. We sold him for a tiny profit, he was our best defender last season, he wanted to stay at the club. So what was the point? If Clough is thinking we'd get 2-3 quality players out of it, then it's a risk. Shackell was tried and tested, but now we're going in for kids down in the lower leagues? Unless they turn out to be superstars, I just can't see how we're gonna be pushing on next season. Could be another development step for the youngsters season.....

46%. Plus add ons.

Irrespective of the transfer fee, it is high risk selling your other first choice centre half when your No1 and captain is out for the whole of the season.

We should'nt be buying replacements, new signings should be adding to the current first choice team

Archived