Jason Shackell

BorneoRam

Spoke to a mate last night whose dad is on the board... Apparently shackells fee was actually 750k not the 1.1m banded around. Plus Keogh fee was closer to 1.5m according to him. Sounds to me like there is money to spend n there tryin to keep it quiet!

Is your mates dad working actually at Pride Park stadium and on the board of directors who work directly for the club? And are you based in UK? Derby area perhaps?

In addition to stockholmram's questions I'd like to ask:

Is your mate a cricket?

Are you a real boy?

Do you have a really long nose?

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In addition to stockholmram's questions I'd like to ask:

Is your mate a cricket?

Are you a real boy?

Do you have a really long nose?

1) I'm not a cricket

2) I am a real boy

3) my nose it of normal size

4) my name is Pinocchio

Obv. I'm joking about pinocchio but this is what I was told about the shackell n keogh transfer. As I have said before just because someone is on the board of directors doesn't mean they work for the club they may just be a shareholder who gets a say at board meetings. I don't know the fine details I was just relaying what I was told, I'm sceptical also but he was adamant.

1) I'm not a cricket

2) I am a real boy

3) my nose it of normal size

4) my name is Pinocchio

Obv. I'm joking about pinocchio but this is what I was told about the shackell n keogh transfer. As I have said before just because someone is on the board of directors doesn't mean they work for the club they may just be a shareholder who gets a say at board meetings. I don't know the fine details I was just relaying what I was told, I'm sceptical also but he was adamant.

Mazza.. we currently until TG leaves have 3 board members working at the club. NONE of them have sons(only daughters) living in UK except for one and his eldest boy is 11 and they live away on Humberside.

That leaves Don Amott who is non exec but is not on the board, is not a shareholder and has no vote whatsoever at board level.

So I am slightly confused as to how you have a mate who has a dad who is on the board at DCFC.

"Derby County Football Club Ltd is owned by a consortium including the following lead owners:-

Andy Appleby

Bill Luby

Jeff Mallett

Tom Ricketts

Tom Vertin

W. Brett Wilson

The Football Club is managed by a Board of Directors which includes:-

Andy Appleby, Chairman

Jeff Mallett

Bill Luby

Dave Richardson

Tom Vertin

Tom Ricketts

Tom Glick"

Found this on the website and it clearly indicates that the ones listed above are the lead owners... I.e. there are others. There's a difference between shareholders and directors... Plus my mate actually lives in australia atm. Anyway I'm not getting into an arguement, this is what I was told, there's no reason for me to tell porkies!!!!!!

"Derby County Football Club Ltd is owned by a consortium including the following lead owners:-

Andy Appleby

Bill Luby

Jeff Mallett

Tom Ricketts

Tom Vertin

W. Brett Wilson

The Football Club is managed by a Board of Directors which includes:-

Andy Appleby, Chairman

Jeff Mallett

Bill Luby

Dave Richardson

Tom Vertin

Tom Ricketts

Tom Glick"

Found this on the website and it clearly indicates that the ones listed above are the lead owners... I.e. there are others. There's a difference between shareholders and directors... Plus my mate actually lives in australia atm. Anyway I'm not getting into an arguement, this is what I was told, there's no reason for me to tell porkies!!!!!!

Without naming him, is your mate's Dad on this list.

I think they must have rubber hides in Narnia. I kinda give up on this Maza as its quite obvious something is not fitting well to your story. I think its called " plausability"!!

You have a " mate".. who has a dad who is on the board of Derby County Football Club but is not any board member listed by the club!! Your mate is based in UK but lives in Australia.

I think they must have rubber hides in Narnia. I kinda give up on this Maza as its quite obvious something is not fitting well to your story. I think its called " plausability"!!

You have a " mate".. who has a dad who is on the board of Derby County Football Club but is not any board member listed by the club!! Your mate is based in UK but lives in Australia.

Yeh I think it lacks plausibility too but I thought I would let others know what I heard?

At the end of the day, the club themselves have indicated that the people mentioned are not the only board members/ shareholders. Unless you know the names of them all and can prove me wrong you argument is about as plausible as mine. Unless your name is actually Appleby n ur a rich American then I don't quite see where your coming from.

Archived