Chris Maguire

Pudding Jack

Yeah and every other Derby player was absolutely brilliant in that game. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />

I was talking about games that matter league games, he has not been given a fair crack IMHO.

Mind you with an absolutely ex great player like Andy telling him what to do its hard to understand 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/unsure' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':unsure:' />

Prob hasn't got Garners touch and control!

This control thing as horse **** you don't spend months scouting a player, spend a large chunk of our transfer budget then moan he doesn't control a ball a certain way.

People say Maguire has an attitude ( like they know that for a fact! BULL! )

I swear some people are brainwashed

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After watching a miserable display of a real lack of quality yesterday, and then watching Maguire score goals like that really just pisses me off.

He's proved what he can do and i just hope Clough will think again about putting Conor Doyle on the bench over him next season.

After watching a miserable display of a real lack of quality yesterday, and then watching Maguire score goals like that really just pisses me off.

He's proved what he can do and i just hope Clough will think again about putting Conor Doyle on the bench over him next season.

But Conor Doyle follows instructions! He can control a football in the correct manner.....

But Conor Doyle follows instructions! He can control a football in the correct manner.....

What a way to run a football club.

Imagine Clough in charge of say Barcelona or Arsenal even. The type of footballers that like to play with freedom and express there ability.

Would prob pick the bog standard safe types like Keita over your Iniestas and Messis

I did not see them play except Ferguson, and I suspect neither did you, but I did see Andy, and I would say he was the worst of the four, at a guess .

Mourinho never played professional football, Wenger played less than 150 games, mainly at semi-pro level in France and Fergie the best of the 3 played for a range of small Scottish clubs like Falkirk, with 41 games for Rangers.

Please don't throw random insults around at professionals without knowing the facts or considering your words.

I would like to see Maguire play well for Derby, but he needs to perform at an acceptable level throughout games.

Prob hasn't got Garners touch and control!

This control thing as horse **** you don't spend months scouting a player, spend a large chunk of our transfer budget then moan he doesn't control a ball a certain way.

People say Maguire has an attitude ( like they know that for a fact! BULL! )

I swear some people are brainwashed

I guess that they saw the control thing while he was at Aberdeen but thought that any player with half a brain would be able / willing to rectify it. I am not a fan of him since during his last game he lost the ball stupidly and than just sat on his backside instead of trying to win it back - bit of a Sunday League attitude.

Personally, I don't care if he never puts a Derby shirt on again. He is not that skilful that he would make a significant difference at the moment.

What a way to run a football club.

Imagine Clough in charge of say Barcelona or Arsenal even. The type of footballers that like to play with freedom and express there ability.

Would prob pick the bog standard safe types like Keita over your Iniestas and Messis

Barcelona are probably the most coached team in the world. They don't play with complete freedom. They play with great skill, but in a very rigid, tactical way, with a set formation based on a grid of 8 squares.

Mourinho never played professional football, Wenger played less than 150 games, mainly at semi-pro level in France and Fergie the best of the 3 played for a range of small Scottish clubs like Falkirk, with 41 games for Rangers.

Please don't throw random insults around at professionals without knowing the facts or considering your words.

I would like to see Maguire play well for Derby, but he needs to perform at an acceptable level throughout games.

I have insulted no one pal, show me where ?

Yeah and every other Derby player was absolutely brilliant in that game. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />

I was talking about games that matter league games, he has not been given a fair crack IMHO.

Mind you with an absolutely ex great player like Andy telling him what to do its hard to understand 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/unsure' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':unsure:' />

There.

Wow there's a lot of bitterness towards Maguire must be painfully for some to see him doing so well.

Well i for one hope he is producing for Derby next season and beyond he could be like a new signing afterall.

But looking at some of the negative comments about him it seems quite a lot would prefer him either frozen out or shipped out ASAP (and lose money on him)

I guess I just don't want to add him to the list of flops of the last few years is what I'm saying

Wow there's a lot of bitterness towards Maguire must be painfully for some to see him doing so well.

Well i for one hope he is producing for Derby next season and beyond he could be like a new signing afterall.

But looking at some of the negative comments about him it seems quite a lot would prefer him either frozen out or shipped out ASAP (and lose money on him)

I guess I just don't want to add him to the list of flops of the last few years is what I'm saying

I only saw one negative/bitter comment.

Reading this on my iPhone it shows the debate is now 27 pages long!! Come on guys give the man a break.

He is scoring goals at Portsmouth. Maybe making mistakes as well. Hopefully when he comes back to Derby he will be a better player. Maybe he won't. Only time will tell

I hope Maguire comes back and does really well,,, like some of those flops you refer to did at Leeds today.

In his interview today, NC said he's playing like he was in Scotland - the occasional brilliant goal but not much else. He said we play a team game with everyone contributing all the time and he doesn't feel Maguire does this.

Archived