Chris Maguire

Pudding Jack

It says the average age of our squad and forests squad is the same 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ph34r' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':ph34r:' /> 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/blink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':blink:' />

Well we have Bavies, Shackell, Roberts, Green, Buxton, Tyson, Croft, Barker that are over the average age, I wouldnt be suprised to see that being the case, as I said though I havent got a clue.

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First post.

I have a relative who works at our beloved DCFC and she says that any cross word with NC results in instant banishment from first team plans,a my way or the highway scenario.One strike and yer out!!!In interviews he comes across as aloof and self righteous with no sense of humour and he's fallen out with so many players it's become an embarrasment now and it makes you wonder just who is next.Chris Maguire has certainly got talent and deserves more of a chance to show it,imo but I will be very surprised if he is to feature prominantly due to the fact he has not been backwards in coming forwards with his own opinions,to which he is entitled.

Yes,football is a team game but if NC keeps having silly spats with anyone who feels there's a different way to his then every time momentum is built up it'll be stopped in it's tracks and that has happened a few too many times for my liking while he's been here.

And before anyone jumps down my throat,my source is very reliable and I am expressing MY opinions.You are fully entitled to yours.

Interesting first post.

Could you let the me know who are the players he has "fallen out" with?

First post.

I have a relative who works at our beloved DCFC and she says that any cross word with NC results in instant banishment from first team plans,a my way or the highway scenario.One strike and yer out!!!In interviews he comes across as aloof and self righteous with no sense of humour and he's fallen out with so many players it's become an embarrasment now and it makes you wonder just who is next.Chris Maguire has certainly got talent and deserves more of a chance to show it,imo but I will be very surprised if he is to feature prominantly due to the fact he has not been backwards in coming forwards with his own opinions,to which he is entitled.

Yes,football is a team game but if NC keeps having silly spats with anyone who feels there's a different way to his then every time momentum is built up it'll be stopped in it's tracks and that has happened a few too many times for my liking while he's been here.

And before anyone jumps down my throat,my source is very reliable and I am expressing MY opinions.You are fully entitled to yours.

Your username is too long.

First post.

Wow!!! "fallen out with so many players". Doesn't it make you wonder how we can put a team out on a match day. Or have you made it all up to try and get a feeble point over? I wonder!!! 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

First of al Bris- you say that our younger players are not good enough and need to be replaced- then you say that it is impossible to tell which players are going to improve. Which is it? Yes, some of those players helped us to reach the play offs, you were missing a few names though, like Hulse for instance (who Davies has a better strike than by the way) You also mention 3 goalkeepers, I doubt that they all had a huge part to play in our promotion. I would take Mceverley back now and Pearson and Tudgay are still playing at the champ level- a young Bolder would be just the ticket in this team also. Barnes career was wrecked by injury. Those players that you mentioned are good examples of may or may not happen.

I didn't say that Shackell was the best in the league, he is considered to be amongst the best though, I don't see what you are disputing that for? If you can only come up with Gorkks then it shows that Shacks is up there with the best- you said that you like to think he could play in the prem, why do we need to replace him then? We are in the Championship.

Strikers are about goals, sniping and saying that ours aren't good enough and then changing the arguement when the stats are put in front of you is ridiculous. I am not sure about Davies assists but I can remember a few a Theos so he has that in his game too. As for Billy Kee, I am sure that even you will accept what a ridiculous suggestion that is- but if he is young and cheap it might be an option for the development squad because as you yourself say "You can not predict who is going to do well and who isn't". If we can't then why change the team for better players if we don't know how good ours are/ will be?

But Shilts if that was the case why do clubs buy players? Why doesn't everyone just use their academy players and think 'Well they're all going to improve so why the need to buy anyone'... You're living in dreamland if you honestly think the likes of Bryson and Hendrick are going to be our PL midfield partnership.. Hulse never helped us to the playoffs, I'm not sure where you were going with that.. Also a young Bolder IMO wouldn't improve us at all, we lack creativity, not another trier..

Shackell I do rate, I really do..Apart from his passing, it's terrible. But you said we can't do any better? I gave you a name that is better than Shacks and was signed for half the price.. I could give you another 8 names if you want? There are better players than Shackell around available to us. If we want to be a PL side, Shackell won't be a starter, I garauntee that..

Our strikers aren't good enough.. And showing me goal stats of 1 in 2 or 11 for the season won't convince me at all.. You honestly don't believe what you've written do you? Strikers all about goals? No no and no.. If that was the case, sign Joe Bloggs, he's a 40 goal a season striker playing for Mickleover Sports... Do you think the likes of WBA are looking at Theo now thinking 'Humm a 1 in 2 striker playing in an average team let's sign him up!' I mentioned Billy Kee because he has a good goalscoring record, you just said it's all about goals... So why are you now calling it ridiculous? Is it because a good striker has to have other attributes aswell, something Theo and S.Davies clearly lack?

Shackell I do rate, I really do..Apart from his passing, it's terrible. But you said we can't do any better? I gave you a name that is better than Shacks and was signed for half the price.. I could give you another 8 names if you want? There are better players than Shackell around available to us. If we want to be a PL side, Shackell won't be a starter, I garauntee that..

That is completely and utterly down to opinion. I don't think there's anyone I'd rather have than Shackell.

But Shilts if that was the case why do clubs buy players? Why doesn't everyone just use their academy players and think 'Well they're all going to improve so why the need to buy anyone'... You're living in dreamland if you honestly think the likes of Bryson and Hendrick are going to be our PL midfield partnership.. Hulse never helped us to the playoffs, I'm not sure where you were going with that.. Also a young Bolder IMO wouldn't improve us at all, we lack creativity, not another trier..

Our strikers aren't good enough.. And showing me goal stats of 1 in 2 or 11 for the season won't convince me at all.. You honestly don't believe what you've written do you? Strikers all about goals? No no and no.. If that was the case, sign Joe Bloggs, he's a 40 goal a season striker playing for Mickleover Sports... Do you think the likes of WBA are looking at Theo now thinking 'Humm a 1 in 2 striker playing in an average team let's sign him up!' I mentioned Billy Kee because he has a good goalscoring record, you just said it's all about goals... So why are you now calling it ridiculous? Is it because a good striker has to have other attributes aswell, something Theo and S.Davies clearly lack?

bold 1) I can think of one or two Bris, I think you're stretching it with 8. You can have a go at proving me wrong.

I wish we'd had a crack at signing Ben Turner, the lad who played for Cov before signing for Cardiff. I think he's one of the best centre halfs in the divsion. I wonder if we looked at him at all.

bold 2) I think you're being a bit harsh there. No-one is saying go and get job bloggs from mickleover, what they are saying is BOTH Thep and Savies HAVE scored goals with a healthy ratio.

Savies is a better player than you give him credit for. In my opinion.

I'm waiting for those 8 better and available to us centre halfs bris, this should be a real test of your championship and lower league knowledge.

I didn't say that all of our players are going to improve- you stated that we should get rid of them and sign better ones, then said that there is no way to tell if a young player is going to improve or not.

Why do you keep on about the PL? We are a Championship side, we are speculatig on what it would take to get us promoted. I am pleased with the way they are playing and think that they will be good and competitive at this level- I didn't say anything about the Prem. Who would you replace Shackell with then at half the price?

I take it that you are being facetious with the striker comments? It is all about goals, if a player scores at non-league clubs or lower league clubs they are a striker at that level. to suggest we should sign players at a lower level is ridiculous, I was pretty good at Sunday league- doesn't mean that I would be good in the champ. Theo and Davies have a good return in the champ, they are champ strikers- They aren't midfielders, their job is to score.

bold 2) I think you're being a bit harsh there. No-one is saying go and get job bloggs from mickleover, what they are saying is BOTH Thep and Savies HAVE scored goals with a healthy ratio.

I don't deny they have healthy goal ratios at all.. I just deny that this is the only thing a striker should be judged on.. A striker could be the best in the league but only score 10 goals.. I've mentioned it many times, Shane Long was a $3mill striker before he started scoring goals.. His general play was the best in the league by a mile, even with only 14 goals he was the best striker in the league.. Him scoring an extra 9 goals the following season pushed his price tag up another $2mill..

Theo and S.Davies need to improve their general play to be called 'top NPC strikers'... Right now they're both average in general play but with a good goal return.. Take away their goals and they'd be Nathan Tyson standard.

I'll get back to you with the 8 names... I have classes now!

I didn't say that all of our players are going to improve- you stated that we should get rid of them and sign better ones, then said that there is no way to tell if a young player is going to improve or not.

Why do you keep on about the PL? We are a Championship side, we are speculatig on what it would take to get us promoted. I am pleased with the way they are playing and think that they will be good and competitive at this level- I didn't say anything about the Prem. Who would you replace Shackell with then at half the price?

I take it that you are being facetious with the striker comments? It is all about goals, if a player scores at non-league clubs or lower league clubs they are a striker at that level. to suggest we should sign players at a lower level is ridiculous, I was pretty good at Sunday league- doesn't mean that I would be good in the champ. Theo and Davies have a good return in the champ, they are champ strikers- They aren't midfielders, their job is to score.

The aim is to get promoted... Not be a midtable NPC club. Therefore we need to improve our starting 11 as they're only midtable NPC quality...

Bris, give up mate.

There's people waiting with a pitch fork for anything you post.

You've rocked the boat too many times that when you say something others agree with they'll just argue against you anyway.

Your one of the baddies mate.

Ben Davies is brilliant. Hist stats are proof. Your Wrong Bris

Our stat of not scoring late in games doesn't need looking into. Stats don't mean owt (except Bavies stats ofcourse). It's not an emerging pattern that we could take a look at considering our overall displays in the last 10mins in the last 4 years. Your Wrong Bris.

Theo scores, Torres doesn't. Theo is better. Kuqi didn't score enough for us so his contribution was rubbish

Shackell is an improvement on Leacock, but you talk of replacing any of our current players with better ones is entirely disloyal.

We're heading for promotion. We've lost as many as we've won and have a - goal difference. But to suggest we need improvement if frankly over ambitious mate.

So just to summarise, stats matter when arguing AGAINST Bris Vegas.

Bris, your wrong man. As always 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':rolleyes:' /> 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':rolleyes:' />

Bris, give up mate.

You've rocked the boat too many times that when you say something others agree with they'll just argue against you anyway.

Our stat of not scoring late in games doesn't need looking into. Stats don't mean owt (except Bavies stats ofcourse). It's not an emerging pattern that we could take a look at considering our overall displays in the last 10mins in the last 4 years. Your Wrong Bris.

Theo scores, Torres doesn't. Theo is better. Kuqi didn't score enough for us so his contribution was rubbish

Shackell is an improvement on Leacock, but you talk of replacing any of our current players with better ones is entirely disloyal.

We're heading for promotion. We've lost as many as we've won and have a - goal difference. But to suggest we need improvement if frankly over ambitious mate.

Bris, your wrong man. As always 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':rolleyes:' /> 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':rolleyes:' />

You're.

Bris, give up mate.

I don't mind people debating with me or chipping in with excellent points to create a decent discussion.. It's just the other occasions when one point is used for one thing and then another for something else.. The Stats one you just mentioned is another prime example..

My favourite is the 'Derby deserved to win (despite being completely outplayed) because we were resiliant' and then 'Derby didn't deserve to lose because we had more shots/possession etc..' or the Derby deserved to win because we outplayed the oposition (after drawing) and then Derby deserved a point for our defensive display (after drawing)..

As for Maguire, his Pompey team didn't do too well today.

Hold on Bris, you were the one who used stats for the perceived negativity then dismissed stars because it countered your argument about Davies.

However, I would agree that 'deserving to win' is in the eye of the beholder and over the season you generally get what you deserve.

As am aside, I'm waiting for the first post asking how many times Maguire gave the ball away by using the outside of his foot.

Hold on a sec Sage, I said Derby were negative late on and was asked to prove it, I only used Stats as further weight in the debate I never originally used them.. I based my opinion on what I see... (ie. taking off a striker and bringing on Buxton and us having 11 men behind the ball camped in our half holding on to a point)

Isn't that different to someone debating with me saying that without Ben Davies we wouldn't have won as many games and tried to use his '10 assists' as proof? I merely mentioned that you can't prove how valuable a player is just by assists as assists don't tell the story as to who contributed greatly to the goal (or game in general).. Using stats in this sense was wrong (a better stat was to see how mahy games we've won with Davies and how many we've won without him - which happened to be about roughly the same anyway)

But in both cases I was apparently in the wrong..

As for Maguire giving the ball away with the outside of the foot... I'm not even sure the stattos or the technology the use nowadays would go into that much detail

I hardly suggest starting two separate threads with a stat in the headline, is merely 'supporting an argument'.

I would agree that there is more to being a CF than goals. Steve Howard 'only' scored 12 (non-penalty) goals in our promotion season but offered more than that. I think Davies and Robinson both having weaknesses in their game offer more than goals.

We do need to improve the quality of the squad to finish in the top six, however we dont need 11 new players as some eould suggest. Other than LB I would hope we only sign players that will improve the first eleven. We have a decent squad, we just need that touch of quality in 2 or 3 positions.

Archived