Chris Maguire

Pudding Jack

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So without actually causing another debate when did Maguire actually play well for us? The few games he was involved in he struggled to control the ball and did not look at all confortable at all.

Perhaps the way Portsmouth play suits him better! Maybe he will come back to us a better player and be our 20 goal man. Maybe Clough has pulled a master stroke by sending him out on loan.

Remember it was our manager and his team who found him up north so they must have seen something they liked. He certainly wasn't dropped of at Pride Park by a passing alien craft was he

Quite. Our team functions off hard work - closing down of opposition players. Maguire doesn't do that. If he fails to track back, someone else has a two v one situation. Before we get carried away by who's scoring for whom, we should look at their results. Portsmouth ship plenty of goals and Maguire's lazy attitude might be contributing.

its about Clough and Maguire . Clough in some Derby fans eyes will always be a hero and whatever he does will be correct . GSE in other Rams fans eyes are the worst ever. Truth is Maguire is just a sympton of the problem . Clough finds it difficult to do u turns on players and as i see it once out you are out . CLOUGH SUPPORTERS you may rue the days of obscurity . Its all about opinions and as for Maguire well no one believes that i am genuine regarding his control of the football issues with the club so forget it.

http://a4.ec-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/54/95505d377a89ef03492cc2ea11a532e1/l

Players need time to settle in, some of the best players that have ever kicked a ball have bad starts at new clubs.

I hardly think 2 starts and 5 sub appearances is enough time for Maquire to trully get into the team.

He has started 6 games for Portsmouth, thats why he is playing better.

Its just another fluck up by the Derby management IMHO.

Players need time to settle in, some of the best players that have ever kicked a ball have bad starts at new clubs.

I hardly think 2 starts and 5 sub appearances is enough time for Maquire to trully get into the team.

He has started 6 games for Portsmouth, thats why he is playing better.

Its just another fluck up by the Derby management IMHO.

I think there's a big difference between having the odd bad game and playing badly whilst failing to follow instructions.David Nish took an eternity to settle,but he always tried to do the basics and thus the manager's faith was finally rewarded.If he'd played badly whilst failing to follow BC's instructions,he'd have been out on his ear.

There was one game at home and he came on as sub at Boro and did well. Beyond that he was dreadful.

Beyond that he was dreadful!

Correct me if I'm wrong but after the boro and pompy games(in which he was very influential)

he only played 1 more game (cardiff at home) and yes he wasn't on it that 1 game (like the rest of the team ey)

So you have judged him on 2 and a bit games!

Pompy fans have seen him more than twice as much as you(if you go that is!)

So go take a look at there forums and see how much they appreciate a quality player when they see one

I think there's a big difference between having the odd bad game and playing badly whilst failing to follow instructions.David Nish took an eternity to settle,but he always tried to do the basics and thus the manager's faith was finally rewarded.If he'd played badly whilst failing to follow BC's instructions,he'd have been out on his ear.

B C certainly had a singular view on how he wanted his teams to play, but he also allowed individuals to show their versatility, his son does not, and has gone too far with it, to the detriment of performance and results .

Beyond that he was dreadful!

Correct me if I'm wrong but after the boro and pompy games(in which he was very influential)

he only played 1 more game (cardiff at home) and yes he wasn't on it that 1 game (like the rest of the team ey)

So you have judged him on 2 and a bit games!

Pompy fans have seen him more than twice as much as you(if you go that is!)

So go take a look at there forums and see how much they appreciate a quality player when they see one

He was played 7 times for Derby. I have seen 6 of them. 2 good, 4 dreadful. He has ability, but didn't show it consistently for us and didn't follow instructions.

He was played 7 times for Derby. I have seen 6 of them. 2 good, 4 dreadful. He has ability, but didn't show it consistently for us and didn't follow instructions.

Source for the intructions rumour?

Source for the intructions rumour?

Nigel Clough, the manager, saying in the Derby Evening Telegraph we have asked him to control the ball with the inside of his foot, not the outside as it's too easy for the opposition to nick the ball off you that way and he loses possession too often.

Here he gets some praise

Garner felt the display and goal was a reward for Maguire's patience.

"I thought Chris did well," said Garner.

"To be fair, in the first half everyone was at it and Chris looked lively, good on the ball and got his goal.

"It was a tap-in but as a striker you have to be in there to finish it.

"We are delighted for him. He has had to be very patient and it has taken him a bit of time to settle in.

"We were winning games at the start of the season and so it was hard to get him in side.

"We had numerous chats with him, especially myself when he has been in the Reserves. We told him to keep working hard and knuckle down and he has done that.

"He did really well when he came on at Middlesbrough in the previous game and that is what got him his chance against Portsmouth.

Well doesn't seem to be an issue at Portsmouth he's shinning in the worst side in the division against decent opposition ( Hull, Birmingham & Southampton ) not just scoring easy goals some top quality and creating plenty also works his arse off every game aswell.

But forget all that lets not pick quality over a silly little reason about different techniques over controlling the ball.

Good management no wonder we are nowhere again!

You must be good, in 4 of his games he played for 26,10,6,and 4 mins.

He came on in 2 when we were winning 3-0, and 1 when we were losing 3-0, you are just backing Clough aren't you,because your statement does not back up.

You must be good, in 4 of his games he played for 26,10,6,and 4 mins.

He came on in 2 when we were winning 3-0, and 1 when we were losing 3-0, you are just backing Clough aren't you,because your statement does not back up.

Did you go to the Shrewsbury game? He was so poor in the first half, i'd have taken him off after 20 minutes.

If anyone watched the game yesterday they will definitely have seen chris score a belter.

They would have also seen him generally look lightweight and not great for the rest of the game, he lost the ball 5 times in the first 30 minutes by not geting hold of it. He played two decent through balls and another that was a fluke. He got a yellow card for kicking out at somoene and in general looked as if he wanted to complain his way through the game. In fact in my opinion Norris did most of his work.

Having said that, his goal WAS sensational and one of his little flicked through balls was also a touch of class, so it's clear that he has that ability in his locker, I'd prefer to see him do it with us, maybe NC can get past his current "attitude" and turn him into another Commons.

Did you go to the Shrewsbury game? He was so poor in the first half, i'd have taken him off after 20 minutes.

Yeah and every other Derby player was absolutely brilliant in that game. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />

I was talking about games that matter league games, he has not been given a fair crack IMHO.

Mind you with an absolutely ex great player like Andy telling him what to do its hard to understand 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/unsure' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':unsure:' />

Yeah and every other Derby player was absolutely brilliant in that game. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />

I was talking about games that matter league games, he has not been given a fair crack IMHO.

Mind you with an absolutely ex great player like Andy telling him what to do its hard to understand 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/unsure' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':unsure:' />

Ok, the Hull game. He got 75 minutes and was rubbish. I see those ex great players Ferguson, Wenger and Mourinho are shocking coaches too. No wonder Rooney, Van Persie and Ronaldo are such poor players.

To be fair though Smiffy, If you've been waiting for your chance for so long and your chomping at the bit to prove a point, it shouldn't matter who you line up against.

They were all awful for the first 45 though - so maybe harsh to single Chris out, that's likely why he got another chance.

Let's not forget there was a player who everyone thought would be around forever let go after the shrewsbury game. Sometimes a managers patience can run out.

He's just got to play to the manager and coaching staffs way. It's the only way it can be and in my opinion those who think otherwise are not showing a realistic understanding of how football works.

Ok, the Hull game. He got 75 minutes and was rubbish. I see those ex great players Ferguson, Wenger and Mourinho are shocking coaches too. No wonder Rooney, Van Persie and Ronaldo are such poor players.

I did not see them play except Ferguson, and I suspect neither did you, but I did see Andy, and I would say he was the worst of the four, at a guess .

Archived