Chris Maguire

Pudding Jack

Anyone prepared to offer me odds that Maguire is the next player sold?

Nope 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dry' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='<_<' /> 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/angry' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':angry:' />

He's a player scoring goals and gettting some good reviews from the fans regulally, for a bottom 3 side, should be a valuable asset to a decent CCC side next season.....

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thing is I notice (and this only watching football highlights) is Derby (Clough) like to play the ball with the strikers holding up and back to goal, I think Maguire struggles with that. What I have seen of him a Pompey is that he is playing facing the the goal and running forward rather holding the ball up. Is it a simple case of Pompey playing a style of football that suits Maguire?

So he is not good enough then, cracks on in against the league leaders,but not worth a place for us ,even on the bench, ha ha ha ha ha

Not sure if that's aimed at me or just in general?

I think he's more than good enough, he just wasn't going to get a game here with Nige's stubbornness so I was glad for him to gt some game time.

If we inevitably sell him in the summer I'll be abit pee'd off as the lad is what we need in my opinion. Creative, raw, in your face talent. So what if he's got a bit of a temper? He's literally keeping Pompey up at the moment. If we scrapped this long ball **** that we play he would flourish here in my opinion. Just agree with Hucknall in that with the football we play currently we won't even see the player he currently is performing as at a struggling, relegation threatened Pompey team.

Scoring good goals for a struggling team against top sides. If he leaves and Conor Doyle stays this summer, i will like my own arse after a sloppy ****.

At least Doyle can follow the manager's instructions.

it seems plainly obvious to me - Michael Appleton is a manager that has probably encouraged and given McGuire confidence. Clough is not a manager to put his arm around players and encourage them, for me he doesnt seem to be able to understand that in management you need to use different methods to get the bets out of individuals. With Clough you either play well and he plays/likes you or you dont and you get bombed out. For a club like ours the manager has to be positive, encourage and understand that different players will respond in different ways

it seems plainly obvious to me - Michael Appleton is a manager that has probably encouraged and given McGuire confidence. Clough is not a manager to put his arm around players and encourage them, for me he doesnt seem to be able to understand that in management you need to use different methods to get the bets out of individuals. With Clough you either play well and he plays/likes you or you dont and you get bombed out. For a club like ours the manager has to be positive, encourage and understand that different players will respond in different ways

How do you know this? Are you one of the players?

Sage I am not making things up. It aint rocket science. Are you Cloughies best M8. We were boring today.

If you're not making things up, When did Clough and Matgod say Maguire isn't good enough? Until you can answer that, I'll suggest you're making it up.

Archived