Norwich City (H) Matchday thread

jono

Good performance I think, just missing some fine detail. Nobody can coach for these eventualities. The odd thing was that the ref would know at half time that a major injustice had been done, and usually they seek to even things out, especially for home teams. But if anything he actually went the other way. There is a reason why on average more wins occur at home, and most of that is about home teams getting the rub of the green from officials. We got nothing today.

5 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Unfortunately I think there is a crisis of English officials at the moment. Even the premier league officiating is a shocking standard.

We used to have the best...eons ago, With VAR the game has been taken away from them...imo, I'd like to use the words...not up to standard.

Or with my DCFC goggles on...fecking incompetent 

22 minutes ago, Ram-Alf said:

2 shocking mistakes by a linesman

DCFC are a counter attacking team, Norwich will have most of the ball, 1st half Jackson should have hit the target, Linesman didn't raise his flag for their 1st, Nowt to suggest Norwich were more slicker and powerful than us.

2nd half we didn't close down as we did in the 1st half, They get their 2nd...poor defending imo, Cashin hits the bar, Their 3rd yet again the fool on the line did't raise his flag, CBT hits a good goal and time left.

I must have watched a different game to you 🙄

You’re obviously not watching the alternative Universe channel.😂

Edited by Elwood P Dowd

I thought it was a great game barring the officials.

We more than held our own.

We made some mistakes in possession but we looked really dangerous going forward and the team as a whole is looking good and working their socks off.

MOTM for me was Cashin. Fantastic display.

Onto the next with a few decisions going our way hopefully 🤞

'Kin robbed.

Decent game to watch. 42% possession is our 2nd highest of the season. IMO we may well have stuffed them was it not for a plethora of errors by our players.... and the officials. There were way too many poor passes from us and had we been more accurate with them and, occasionally, not tried to take time on the ball we didn't have, the result may well have been completely different.

The officials were appalling, and that's being kind to them.

0-1. Ball out of play for a goal kick, not given, ball crossed and Sainz put it away. Should have been disallowed.
1-1. Good goal, no reason to disallow it.
1-2. Good goal, no pressure put on Sainz who put it away well
1-3. Ball went over the line, again not given, they break out and score although I have a suspicion VAR might have done Sainz for having half a toenail offside. Two reasons to disallow this one.
2-3. VAR would have ruled that out for Collo being in the keeper's line of sight, IMO.

5 goals given, of which only 2, IMO should have stood. 1-1.

No reason for the wrist slashers to be out and about but I fear that "social media" will be full of them.

17 minutes ago, RamLad1884 said:

Not very often will put a result down to officials but jeez that linesman needs a full review. 

Frustrating thing is Warne won’t be able to come out and truly say what every person is thinking without himself being punished 

Luckily for Warne the 2 shockers that went against us today were so obvious no one can debate whether it was the right or wrong decision.

Then again from the perspective of a former goalkeeper, I think Collins was offside for our 2nd goal as I think it was in the line of sight of their GK. However after the 2 diabolical decisions that went against us we almost deserved a wrong decision in our favour.

I hope come the end of the season a couple of points won’t define whether we go down / miss out on playoffs / miss out on promotion.

24 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

This was always going to happen and it just serves to add extra attention and focus to our poor away form so far this season. 

Really need to start being competitive in away games as a bare minimum, then the results and points will follow after that. 

Let's see how Sunderland pans out.

We have been competitive in every away game so far this season.

26 minutes ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

I think that with the amount of money in the game nowadays we shouldn’t be relying on players’ parents to run the line. Maybe we should be looking at employing some qualified people to do the job instead. 

%2BRmqNF3uDNkYMajhdTYGLVUQ=&risl=&pid=Im 😉

1 hour ago, Barney1991 said:

Never a 3-1 game 

ref one of the worse I’ve seen 

Our midfield though in this game time and time again they’ve gone straight through the middle 

It happens a lot and has been a weakness for us for quite a while. Never quite sure why it is… the players, or just not enough bodies in midfield ? ….. not sure. 

I'd like to take this opportunity to apologise to the linesman, I now can see why he missed it, The culprit was someone in the West Stand Upper...come on...who was it...we know who sits up there 😁

tg0xp9vsV5xel5qHb2HgVD5cAA=&risl=1&pid=I

Edited by Ram-Alf

Shockingly bad decisions- almost had the air of blatant bias about them…

But overall it was a sloppy performance from us , with several key players well off it…

Now comes the crunch time cos we can’t lose three on the trot and be confident of a good season (staying up ?). We need to start picking some points up on the road …. ‘Doing ok’ or being ‘competitive’ isn’t enough. It’s all about points.

All teams have bad days so we just have to take today’s game as it is….. despite the atrocious decisions.

FFS, that’s why they used to call them LINESMEN… their main job was to make sure the ball doesn’t go out of play…..