Things you wonder about our Forum Members

i-Ram

I think this thread (accidentally) raises a really interesting point: is it a good think to think a bit more about your other forum members?

It's easy to get carried away with the argument you're trying to make on here, and perhaps even easier to forget that you're actually conversing with real people who live real lives and go through real things. 

The person you might be arguing with about Paul Warne might be really going through it. Maybe it's worth thinking a bit more about what might be motivating them to post a certain way. I definitely will look to think more about this before getting into it with others in the future.

11 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

I think this thread (accidentally) raises a really interesting point: is it a good think to think a bit more about your other forum members?

It's easy to get carried away with the argument you're trying to make on here, and perhaps even easier to forget that you're actually conversing with real people who live real lives and go through real things. 

The person you might be arguing with about Paul Warne might be really going through it. Maybe it's worth thinking a bit more about what might be motivating them to post a certain way. I definitely will look to think more about this before getting into it with others in the future.

I think that a lot, not here so much because I’m newish as a poster, but on fb I have worked out there are a few people who have ‘problems’, especially loneliness or self esteem who I’m guarded/thoughtful in my responses to.  There are some clear turnips who get a regular roasting though, especially those who try to politicise sport threads 

1 hour ago, Nuwtfly said:

If this attitude was widely adopted, maybe we wouldn’t have so many lurkers and more active posters.

It’s not just being cautious as you’re unaware of personal issues hidden behind the opposite screen/monitors.

Why be that person on the bus or train blasting out music or TikTok videos without headphones on? Forcing people to endure your noise.

Congratulations on irritating the other passengers that are sharing the service with you.

Right there is a analogy of how forums can become. 

Shouldn’t have to put a rule in place to wear headphones on public transport, likewise you shouldn’t need one that forbids you from stripping naked and urinating on other passengers.

Kind of obvious we should all know how to behave in public.

When I used to be on Footymad before I saw the light and joined DCFC fans, I once did a thread where everyone posted where they were from originally, where they lived now, what they did for a living, their age, first Rams game and all time fave Rams player. I whacked these in a spreadsheet and it was easier to see the whole forum-base in one go.

Also, I could have probably cracked most of their passwords with that info! 😄

7 hours ago, i-Ram said:

I wonder why @Alph is no longer @Alpha? Why one day, did he think you know I might drop that ‘a’. Does make you really wonder that one?

It was shortened even before that. 

I dropped the ‘a’ cus I thought it makes me come across as a pretentious tw@ and that should only be evident after my posts have been read, not before. 

I’ve met you haven’t I? Must have been more than 10 years ago? 

On 16/09/2024 at 12:27, 1of4 said:

The only thing I wonder about forum members. Is when attending Ram's games, how many members I've unknowingly interacted with over the years.

I see the usual posters popping up all over the site. While I may glean a small insite of them, I've never wondered what these, and other forum members do when not on here.

When I respond to a post, I'm reacting to it's content and will mostly not consider who posted it.

It's much harder for blokes to remain anonymous at games than women. 

Quite a few people have come up to me at away matches to ask if I'm angieram. They don't always tell me who they are so I feel they have the advantage.

And a few more I know must know me but don't acknowledge it. That also feels weird.

14 hours ago, Alph said:

I dropped the ‘a’ cus I thought it makes me come across as a pretentious tw@ and that should only be evident after my posts have been read, not before. 

Wasn't it alpha sigma before or something? 

17 hours ago, admira said:

When I used to be on Footymad before I saw the light and joined DCFC fans, I once did a thread where everyone posted where they were from originally, where they lived now, what they did for a living, their age, first Rams game and all time fave Rams player. I whacked these in a spreadsheet and it was easier to see the whole forum-base in one go.

Also, I could have probably cracked most of their passwords with that info! 😄

Didn’t we have something similar on here yonks ago when I was called Strange Yearnings? Or perhaps it was on the reason for the choice of forum names.

On 17/09/2024 at 20:24, Alph said:

Yeah we met Alph, but it was only once, and as you say a brief encounter. You came across as a pretentious tw@

Love you man!

Cracking Up Lol GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Edited by i-Ram