George Burley undergoing cancer treatment

Day

George said: “After feeling unwell earlier this year, I have recently received a diagnosis and I am taking positive action to fight the disease. It has been a difficult time, but I am feeling much brighter now. In fact, I am able to get to matches at Portman Road and I am enjoying watching the team playing back in the Premier League.”

https://www.itfc.co.uk/news/2024/september/10/a-statement-from-former-player-and-manager-george-burley/

What a fantastic manager he was!

He first produced that exciting Ipswich side that took the PL by storm and got into Europe and gave all of us hope, before of course he worked his magic here to put together a side that almost got a promotion against all odds.

What memories, and what a likeable team he put together! That 3-0 game v Forest is still one of the most complete performances I’ve seen from a Rams team in my lifetime. The interplay between Rasiak, Bisgaard, Idiakez, Smith and Taylor was a joy to watch!

Such sad news! Wishing George well in his fight!

1 hour ago, Jourdan said:

What a fantastic manager he was!

He first produced that exciting Ipswich side that took the PL by storm and got into Europe and gave all of us hope, before of course he worked his magic here to put together a side that almost got a promotion against all odds.

What memories, and what a likeable team he put together! That 3-0 game v Forest is still one of the most complete performances I’ve seen from a Rams team in my lifetime. The interplay between Rasiak, Bisgaard, Idiakez, Smith and Taylor was a joy to watch!

Such sad news! Wishing George well in his fight!

It’s actually crazy to think back that he got a side like Ipswich to 5th in the prem and yet within a couple of years ended up managing a team on the cusp of relegation to division 2 (league one for you young (er) folk).

His signings were arguably the best set in a short time under one manager during my time supporting the club. I was slightly too young to appreciate the main of Jim smith’s years.