Cardiff (H) - Match thread

Eoghan1884

2 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Do you think Phillips signed to sit on the bench 🤔 I would probably stick with the same team but expect Phillips to start.

Agreed. Liverpool must have insisted he starts, as probably paying the majority of his wages and don’t want an asset depreciating on the bench in the Championship. Nelson will be on the bench.

In truly crap timing, I'm at a wedding just outside of Cardiff on Saturday 😩

I know of at least a couple Cardiff fans who are going to be there,  so now more than ever I really need a win from our boys. A big win with goals from NML, Collo, Ebou and Nelson would be spot on 👌

I might stick my derby shirt on under my suit and tear my shirt off superman style on the dance floor to celebrate 😁

41 minutes ago, Eoghan1884 said:

We’d be absolutely mental to bench Ebou for this game in particular. He’s one of those players that feeds off energy and the crowd. He’ll be at it more than ever agaisnt a team and manager who deemed he wasn’t good enough for them. He’d be my first name on the team sheet on Saturday and he’ll be absolutely everywhere as usual I’d imagine. 

Red card incoming. 

16 hours ago, DavesaRam said:

Sadly I won’t be there on Saturday ad I will be travelling to Inverness. 😢

Going Monster hunting again or catching a Caledonian Thistle game while you’re there? 
I’ll miss your match summary 🍻

20 hours ago, 1of4 said:

Unfortunately this law only seems to work against us, when our explayers return with their new club. Can't remember many of our players scoring that often against their former clubs.

Unless it’s Jack Marriott. He has been horrendous every time he has played against us.

5 minutes ago, RamInSweden said:

Unless it’s Jack Marriott. He has been horrendous every time he has played against us.

Yes but he’s been sprinkled with Hollywood dust now. Wrexham are my most feared opponent. I would HATE to lose to that mob.

4 hours ago, Castor said:

Red card incoming. 

Hope not . Adams may want to get stuck into his old mates a bit . Phillips also played 18 games for Cardiff. There will be the usual “He left cause you’re  S—t “ chants . Let’s hope they don’t try to put us off our game plan. 

1 hour ago, DavesaRam said:

We are actually doing the North Coast 500 for the week, finishing up at the Old Pultney Distillery!

Oh that’s wonderful .. I did a chunk of it near Gairloch in the snow a few years back. Seared in my memory. Beautiful 👍🏼🍻

have a wee Ram while your their 😊

Cardiff have played a 4231 in every game they've played so far this season, ultimately leading to them being the worst team in the division in the first four games. I know their manager wants to ring the changes so I guess we will see who comes in - I suspect a new keeper, perhaps 

They have one of the worst goalkeepers in the league, for me, in Ethan Hovarth. The backline includes to makeshift midfielders at full back: O'Dowda and Ng. Calum Chambers, Dimi Goutas and Jesper Daland should be decent centre backs at this level but obviously could and have been got at. The defensive midfielders in the system, Siopis and Robertson are incredibly soft too. They have some decent players in attack, although no idea what level Ramsey is at currently. I suspect not an incredibly high one, in truth. Willock is a decent player. 

I like the match up, I think we could quite easily beat them up in midfield and keep their out-of-confidence attackers living off scraps. it's the first league game we have been made favourite for too, so perhaps a game of expectation which possibly might not play too much in our favour. The international break could be big reset button for them. El Ghazi is an interesting one, he seems to have fell off a cliff professionally. He had a decent season in Eredivisie with PSV in 22/23 after a couple of decent years with Villa (10 Premier League goals in 20/21) but had his contract terminated after that year with PSV, went to Mainz played very briefly and then disappeared with his contract terminated again - now at Cardiff. 

12 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

El Ghazi is an interesting one, he seems to have fell off a cliff professionally. He had a decent season in Eredivisie with PSV in 22/23 after a couple of decent years with Villa (10 Premier League goals in 20/21) but had his contract terminated after that year with PSV, went to Mainz played very briefly and then disappeared with his contract terminated again - now at Cardiff. 

Was reading about this recently. Mainz terminated his contract for expressing solidarity with the Palestinian people on social media. He's since sued Mainz for unfair dismissal and donated a third of his compensation to a charity helping children in Gaza. What a lad. 

2 hours ago, desirelines said:

Was reading about this recently. Mainz terminated his contract for expressing solidarity with the Palestinian people on social media. He's since sued Mainz for unfair dismissal and donated a third of his compensation to a charity helping children in Gaza. What a lad. 

I think that was the basis of their sacking, but utlimately he played 50 minutes over 3 games for them and then never made the squad. 

Strange - especially as PSV also terminated his contract. 

He's always struck me as an unremarkable player who has a knack for being in the right place at the right time, but that in itself does take talent. 

JWW

Nyambe Philips Nelson Elder

Ozoh Adams Kenzo

NML Yates Jackson

Bit harsh on Cash but can’t see Philips not playing. Harness might well come in for NML too, but can’t see him dropping the talisman.  Even if Osborn is fit I doubt he will want to break up the midfield that played so well against Brizzle.