Vs Watford (A) Match Thread

DCFC1388

7 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

We couldn't could we....

Playing incredibly narrow,  no pressing of the ball....

Little on the break since the goal.

I suggest anyone with heart problems has accident and emergency or 999 on standby 

3 minutes ago, RodleyRam said:

Very early days but I would agree that formation suits us well. It's more a 4-2-3-1 I guess? All the midfield have good ability on the ball and good engines. Defensive 4 is solid and well protected. The front 3/4 all have pace and ability. 

I'd say the whole thing suits personnel and the way we're likely to play.

With everyone fit and available there’s the multiple choices of 4-3-3, 4-2-3-1, 4-4-2, 3-4-3, 3-5-2 and variations of those themes which no doubt we’ll see at times this season.
I just reckon with Cashin, Wilson, Rooney, Osborn, CBT and Vickers all currently unavailable this suits what we have.

1 minute ago, IlsonDerby said:

Don’t have an issue with playing on the counter after going 1-0 and soaking up some pressure shortly after scoring but it’s 25 minutes after our goal now we have to show a little more quality on the ball oterhwose It’s just coming straight back

It’s astonishing to watch a professional football match where I don’t see us touch the ball for 5 minutes at a times. Like you say no harm in sitting back for a while to soak up the pressure but at least look a little dangerous 

All very well sitting back,  but if there's no pressure on the ball when they are well inside our half then you are in big trouble.

Still doing it after their goal. Letting them have acres of space and tee up balls well inside our half.