Too much trolling now and too little a fans forum?

Half fan

Big fan of PW. So may be biased, well , yes biased, but find the trigger for some is maybe three games in, four, ten. Patience is of course a virtue, 

We have several more incoming, the structure of the team, will take, for me maybe twenty games. In today’s society, not just football, patience has become redundant. Sad 

I think over the years the reactions have become a little more severe. But that's not an issue purely to this forum. Social media very much looks the same. 

Difference of opinion has become less nuanced, and more I'M RIGHT, YOU'RE WRONG, THERE IS NO INBETWEEN. Thankfully, we do have a lot of reasonable posters here.

2 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

I think over the years the reactions have become a little more severe. But that's not an issue purely to this forum. Social media very much looks the same. 

Difference of opinion has become less nuanced, and more I'M RIGHT, YOU'RE WRONG, THERE IS NO INBETWEEN. Thankfully, we do have a lot of reasonable posters here.

Correct, hot take artists to drive engagement, there's no nuance in limited characters. Either something is the greatest thing ever or the worst thing ever. Coming somewhere near the middle with nuance and analysis is dull.

1 hour ago, Animal is a Ram said:

57 minutes ago, Srg said:

Correct, hot take artists to drive engagement, there's no nuance in limited characters. Either something is the greatest thing ever or the worst thing ever. Coming somewhere near the middle with nuance and analysis is dull.

Social media companies have also started paying users for impressions, hot takes drive engagement as you say so they take that route.

As for this forum, just look at this stat.

Screenshot 2024-08-12 at 10.05.14.png

That will surprise some as it did myself, as many topics can be the same small number of members going back and forth dominating topics, those nuanced middle ground posts get lost in the middle of the regular back and forths.

This year the number of members is more impressive, yet honestly, I would struggle to name more than 50.

Screenshot 2024-08-12 at 10.08.44.png

I would like to read more from the 900+ which I find myself trying to do more now, I know given my position on the forum my middle ground posts gain more traction and I have zero willpower when it comes to getting drawn into pointless debates with staunch views, I'm then becoming part of the problem.

This is absolutely no different to any other forum by the way.

I also guarantee you there will be some genuine trolls from other clubs right now on this forum, we try our best to detect them yet it's extremely difficult when you do have genuine Derby fans also taking the extreme takes on the negative side of arguments. It takes weeks of monitoring and I'm sure we have come to the wrong decision on some over the years. All part of running a forum I guess.

I'll leave on this, we do have ignore function available, it's not perfect as it doesn't hide quoted posts, however it can help and worth a try for those members you can't cope reading from. 

It is a tradition that Rams fans are never happy with how the team results go at the genesis of the season.

Some time ago DCFC started the season with twelve points from the first four matches and Radio Derby was full of phoners-in stating that we were in a false position. They seemed happier with the inevitable slump which followed. Just to remind the doom merchants that last season had some dark moments yet ended in automatic promotion.

"It's not where you start it's where you finish!"