Vs Chesterfield (H) Match Thread

15 minutes ago, secretsquirrel said:

There is no longer much interest in cup competitions for the majority of clubs especially this round at this time also people are away on holiday.Even though its a good price ,unless its a big club itsnot much interest.

See you tomorrow then

COYR 🏆 👍

42 minutes ago, secretsquirrel said:

There is no longer much interest in cup competitions for the majority of clubs especially this round at this time also people are away on holiday.Even though its a good price ,unless its a big club itsnot much interest.

Let’s not moan then about not having enough money for a striker .

50 minutes ago, secretsquirrel said:

If we want to see a big club against us in the Carabao Cup this season then there is a lot of interest in tomorrow night because we need to win it. Also, given the pre-season and Friday's result a victory is important as a confidence builder for the team.

Got my ticket, I'm only going to be there because I've had Pride Park withdrawal over the summer. 

The whole club has zero interest in cup competitions. From the ownership to the players, and only opening 1 stand sends the message that the fans shouldn't care either.

I'd guess 0-2 Chesterfield.

14 minutes ago, The Running Man said:

Got my ticket, I'm only going to be there because I've had Pride Park withdrawal over the summer. 

The whole club has zero interest in cup competitions. From the ownership to the players, and only opening 1 stand sends the message that the fans shouldn't care either.

Yeah its poor imo.

They started closing the stands cause enough weren't turning up when the whole ground was open. Plus you know, summer holidays still so still lower attendances until we get into September.  Not entirely sure I'd lay blame at the club for not being arsed.

2 hours ago, Marriot Ram99 said:

Ofc not . Which is part of my point itself.  The club has an attiude of nobody will be asssed for the cup which is wrong imo which feeds into that when they could try and offer incentives to bring kids in + give back abit and do half priced drinks for season ticket holders or similar as it wont exactly hit profits and will get more tickets bought by people  undecided. Give season ticket holders free entry if neccessary again that wouldnt hit profits much as more would be spent on food ect. and as it is the attiude is its like a glorified friendly which is wrong. I do think the club are very poor on that side of things tbh like marketing retail and catering ect.

Looking at it the club need to not see fans as loyal paying customers they can fleece but as people who have chosen to have an evening of entertainment that way they can look to attract new people going who arent really football fans but go and see a game or two. That in turn will make it abit more prawn sandwich like for some  but if we can get more money in and use it to buy better players and grow the club I am not fussed. These cup games you see people going who dont usually go so its a chance to get people hooked idk how the club dont see that.

It’s £6 for kids and owd uns, about the price of pint nowadays.

I might be wrong but I think the catering is still contracted out.

1 hour ago, The Running Man said:

You can’t blame the club on this one. You’ve got that the wrong way round. The club is only opening one stand because there isn’t sufficient interest in a game like this to justify opening more. I suspect that if tickets had been selling fast they would consider opening more.

39 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

Just under 4,000 tickets sold to home fans.

Chesterfield, who’s fans were apparently complaining that they had not been given enough tickets, still have some on sale.

I’ve found it entertaining reading their forum about the tickets for tomorrow. It’s gone from complaining about us not giving them enough to complaining about how unclear it is about where the safe standing area is.

Supposedly, they’ve sold around 3,000.

My son and I are travelling across. He's soon off to Uni so only couple of games possible for him before then with the end of cricket/holiday. And very sadly my dad died over the summer break so first chance to give a bit of a nod to the person who indoctrinated us all to support this totally wonderful but oh so very annoying team of ours. 

3 hours ago, secretsquirrel said:

Good job it's derby and we're massive.

40 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

My son and I are travelling across. He's soon off to Uni so only couple of games possible for him before then with the end of cricket/holiday. And very sadly my dad died over the summer break so first chance to give a bit of a nod to the person who indoctrinated us all to support this totally wonderful but oh so very annoying team of ours. 

It will be bitter sweet for you, but hope it gives you some consolation - and a resounding win!