v Blackburn (A) Match Thread

Day

On 04/08/2024 at 20:11, Mucker1884 said:

I stand to be corrected, but I make it 4 wins, 2 defeats, and 4 draws from the last 10 opening games to a league season.

How far back do we have to go to make the "notorious slow starters" claim?  

About 1969 how far do you go back my friend? Look it's just my opinion. 

12 minutes ago, Magicman said:

Vickers 

Nyambe Nelson Cashin Fozzy 

Wilson Ohzo Adams Osborn 

NML 

Collins 

What made you come up with the only formation and combination of players we probably haven’t seen in the entire preseason? Nyambe and Wilson, but it isn’t even a wing back system?!

On 04/08/2024 at 11:02, Ravanelli said:

Given Blackburn are in most pundits bottom 3 predictions I think it’s essential we get a positive result here. We have the momentum from last season, let’s use it and grab a 2 1 win ML and Jackson winner. 

It sounds like a must win game, against the sort of team we should be beating if we want to blah blah blah. It couldn't be less essential.

2 hours ago, Srg said:

What made you come up with the only formation and combination of players we probably haven’t seen in the entire preseason? Nyambe and Wilson, but it isn’t even a wing back system?!

Its a strong team with a solid midfield still short up front though . If we had a new striker they would play instead of Collins. 

9 hours ago, Srg said:

We have not seen anything of our new No2 goalie - Rohan Luthra . Played for Slough Town last season . An early injury to Vickers and he will be in the spotlight bigtime . 

10 hours ago, Srg said:

There were periods where we had both Ward and Wilson on the pitch, so that's not miles out. It's NML as a 10 that we haven't really seen.

10 hours ago, Magicman said:

Vickers 

Nyambe Nelson Cashin Fozzy 

Wilson Ohzo Kenzo Osborn 

NML 

Collins 

I don't think that is too far off. Opening game of the season. Away from home. Nowhere near our finished squad. A rearguard 0-0 all the way.

Edited by StarterForTen
spelling

Yeah I've got no idea how we'll do tbh which is a little odd. So many variables mixed in this season which makes it extra hard to predict. However, I am already quite excited for this game. Got a ticket relatively late on and just want to get to Blackburn now! COYR

5 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

Yeah I've got no idea how we'll do tbh which is a little odd. So many variables mixed in this season which makes it extra hard to predict. However, I am already quite excited for this game. Got a ticket relatively late on and just want to get to Blackburn now! COYR

Bit early yet mate , I’d at least wait till tomorrow morning.☺️

Based on Ebou and Nyambe not training much recently, I think they’ll start on the bench. Being away means we could be more likely to go 3 at the back too.

Vickers

Nelson Bradley Cashin

Wilson Ozoh Kenzo Osborn Elder

Jackson NML

This is my prediction for what Warne will pick tomorrow, based on preseason and news

2 hours ago, jimtastic56 said:

We have not seen anything of our new No2 goalie - Rohan Luthra . Played for Slough Town last season . An early injury to Vickers and he will be in the spotlight bigtime . 

Didn't he come on as a sub in one, or was it two, of the pre season games?

1 minute ago, r4derby said:

Based on Ebou and Nyambe not training much recently, I think they’ll start on the bench. Being away means we could be more likely to go 3 at the back too.

I fear you may be right and he'll go back 3 which, IMO, isn't our best defence. I'd much prefer a back 4 and hope that's what we see.

I just watched Paul Warne’s interview on the App for the first time and my nerves/butterflies kicked-in!

My favourite football manager back in the day asked me before a match in the dressing room if I was nervous?

yes I said stomach is in a knot 

good he said, those nerves turn to adrenaline energy when you cross the touch-line!

always been like that, still get nerves before a Rams match and sing my lungs out nowadays with limbs! 

good motivator is our PW. He will have our lads up for this. . .

COYR 🐏👍

26 minutes ago, r4derby said:

Vickers

Nelson Bradley Cashin

Wilson Ozoh Kenzo Osborn Elder

Jackson NML

This is my prediction for what Warne will pick tomorrow, based on preseason and news

Is Bradley a better option in a 3 than Fozzy?

17 minutes ago, DE56Ram said:

I just watched Paul Warne’s interview on the App for the first time and my nerves/butterflies kicked-in!

My favourite football manager back in the day asked me before a match in the dressing room if I was nervous?

yes I said stomach is in a knot 

good he said, those nerves turn to adrenaline energy when you cross the touch-line!

always been like that, still get nerves before a Rams match and sing my lungs out nowadays with limbs! 

good motivator is our PW. He will have our lads up for this. . .

COYR 🐏👍

Who are ya, who are ya 😊