Academy Thread 2024/2025

12 minutes ago, ramit said:

That aged well, sigh

To be fair, we switched to 442 for the last 20 and pushed further up to get a consolation goal. Turley was struggling to keep going at the end too. We created a few chances and arguably deserved to score. I think 3-1 would have been a fair score overall.

9 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

To be fair, we switched to 442 for the last 20 and pushed further up to get a consolation goal. Turley was struggling to keep going at the end too. We created a few chances and arguably deserved to score. I think 3-1 would have been a fair score overall.

In fairness I didn't see all the game ...we were 2 0 down when I started watching. Then we conceded a penalty that didn't look a penalty to me. Equally from what I saw it didn't look to be the thrashing the scoreline suggests...

I was just re-watching the 2022 channel 4 documentary Football Dreams about the Crystal Palace academies and wondering where the boys had ended up, then in the last episode they featured Ryan Bartley - he came across very well and I felt for the lad as he'd had an awful time with injuries. I hope he can make it work at Derby but I get the feeling reading this thread that he's not really expected to - am I right? 

BTW, if you haven't watched the series (available to stream) I'd recommend it.