Carabao Cup

Not great for any of the hardcore who go to every away match, but we couldn’t have hoped for much better than that on the pitch (barring Forest). 

Hopefully we make it through without breaking too much of a sweat before getting drawn against one of the big boys (or Forest) away and going out while having had a nice night. 

Just now, angieram said:

Bottom of Lake District. Is a mare to get to, as you have to go up to bottom of Lake Windermere and double back. 

When I visited there was hardly anywhere in town to stay, either. Folks were really friendly, though. 

I would say it's one of the most run down towns in the country. There's also never anywhere to stay nearby because everywhere is booked up with contractors for BAE.

You're better off staying somewhere like Dalton and getting a taxi on for the match. Much nicer town, better pubs too. Ulverston isn't a bad option.

3 minutes ago, RamsFan10 said:

Not great for any of the hardcore who go to every away match, but we couldn’t have hoped for much better than that on the pitch (barring Forest). 

Hopefully we make it through without breaking too much of a sweat before getting drawn against one of the big boys (or Forest) away and going out while having had a nice night. 

I would rather get minnows every round and get to Wemberley, Wemberley 😊

Funnily enough I went to the Barrow Vs Port Vale game last night as I'm up here in the Lakes on holiday.

They play a similar style to us, get it wide, plenty of balls in etc. Their left winger is very tidy & could cause us problems, can't remember his name but he's on loan from Everton.

Whoever recommended staying at Dalton must be on drugs, it's a terrible place, whole town is run down and looks empty. Ulverston is a canny place, lots of good boozers