Transfer rumours

Just now, Dave Mackay Ate My Hamster said:

I must confess, at nearly 9.30 on deadline day I'd take a punt on a lad who smokes 20 a day, but scores 25 a season in the Derbyshire league.

A sort of Vardy from the lower leagues. We need a poacher. We haven't had one for years.

"Poachers" know. They just need service. That's what we're missing.

I smoke 40 a day but my phone is on loud and I'm ready and available.

3 minutes ago, Kernow said:

To be fair, we were never going to get promoted last season unless we replaced McGoldrick's goals. They weren't replaced, yet we scored more and got promoted.

If we can't find a striker that fits what we want for the budget we have, then there's little point spending on someone who doesn't fit the mould and have it backfire.

Although a few years ago now, we do have two strikers that have both had a career best of 14 goals in a Championship season. I don't think a team battling relegation can expect to have a striker scoring much more than that, so if we can get the best out of Yates etc., then we aren't a complete write-off yet.

Yes, I think we have just enough to avoid a relegation battle 🤞

1 minute ago, BaianoPOTY98 said:

Roofe and Gayle? They’d be fighting over who hobbles into the treatment room first in a morning 🙈

They probably will be knowing our luck but we only need someone to do a job till January and hopefully behind the scenes they'll already be looking at who we can get in for then, yates will be his starting man so them pair have the experience to come on and see a game out if needed or just be in the box at the right time, like gayle did in his 4 game stint or however many it was last season

9 minutes ago, KBB said:

Derby fans "Brown should be starting. He is quality and Warne is shocking for not playing him"

Also Derby fans "sign a new striker now"

main-qimg-78b8730e692717ef6bcea2b5194e9f

Nobody has said Brown should be a regular starter at the cost of signing someone else.

Edited by May Contain Nuts