Transfer rumours

Just now, Simmoram2024Ramsrontheup said:

I guarantee 0 incomings before the close of Friday.

Its looking that way, Brown and I can see Thompson leaving on loan and no one arriving.

Remember "Wash" is working back to fitness, he has bags of Championship experience.

2 hours ago, May Contain Nuts said:

If this is attitude you take toward integrating your academy players into the first team, you will never integrate your academy.players into the first team.

Of course you do if you have a long term view.  Send Brown on loan this season to continue his development.  He comes back for next season with another year of regular football ready to fill the one of the spots left by Collins, Yates and Washington and be regular part of the first team.  Then it’s done in a controlled way allowing the player to grow and develop.

That was always Cocu’s approach and he’s the manager most bought into player development than any other we’ve had in the last 10 years (not counting Rooney as he was forced into it due to circumstances).  His plan was always loan a player in a position where your academy players are lined up and let them develop further rather than be rushed.  That way you allow them to grow, whilst only blocking their path for a year.  Throw them in to soon, you could ruin them.  Make a permanent signing and you block their path for 3 to 4 years and they may leave.

1 minute ago, Eoghan1884 said:

Depends what way you want to take it, I’d take it as the board will back him and if we don’t get someone in we’re still going to go out and get someone else in. 

More evidence that he can’t win. Say nothing and it’s bad, say something and it’s bad, sign someone? No not him. 

2 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Statement coming out of Pride Park 11.10pm Friday:

We did all we could to get a couple in, one was very close but we didn’t quite get it done. There is an awful lot of competition out there with a lot of clubs chasing the same players. We will continue to explore the free agent market to strengthen the squad…..

Paul is that you? 

IMG_2722.jpeg

Edited by Barney1991

9 minutes ago, Eoghan1884 said:

Depends what way you want to take it, I’d take it as the board will back him and if we don’t get someone in we’re still going to go out and get someone else in. 

100% it does and I’m hopeful it’ll be the positive one. Just have to wait and see 

8 minutes ago, Srg said:

More evidence that he can’t win. Say nothing and it’s bad, say something and it’s bad, sign someone? No not him. 

I support warne totally just seems very similar to what’s been said the last 2 windows