Transfer rumours

10 minutes ago, Big Trav said:

Jake Young, not done but close 

A really odd one. On the fridges of L2 Bradford in 22/23. Then got a loan for the 2nd half of the season at Barrow (0 goals)
The a good half season at Swindon (16 goals and 4 assists), before going back to Bradford and only getting 243 minutes.
Now only 24 mins this season in the cup.

He's obviously available to a willing buyer, but a risky one given he's done little outside of 5 months in Swindon in League 2. I'm surprised a L1 club hasn't taken a punt on him. He was also rumoured to be on the verge of a move to Fleetwood (also L2) just a couple of days ago.

So many people on this forum have been crying out for us to take some low-cost risks on lower league players so I'd be happy with this transfer in that respect. Big step up for him and I doubt Warne would bring him in to be a starter (despite what he has been saying previously about squad players) but let's hope he can make the step up quicker than we'd expect if he comes in.

I'd honestly rather give Brown a go than sign Young. In League Two, his 16 goals came in 10 different games, and he didn't score in his other 19 games. He was then recalled by Bradford and spent the second half of the season making 4 appearances, playing the full 90 minutes zero times. The season before that, 0 goals in 17 League Two games. Before that, 3 in 22, before that 6 in 29.

He's 23 and his entire career has been in League Two, where other than 10 games he's done nothing.

It would come across as a pretty desperate move and I don't even think he's one who would be a useful player to have in League One next season if we went down.

16 minutes ago, Kernow said:

I'd honestly rather give Brown a go than sign Young. In League Two, his 16 goals came in 10 different games, and he didn't score in his other 19 games. He was then recalled by Bradford and spent the second half of the season making 4 appearances, playing the full 90 minutes zero times. The season before that, 0 goals in 17 League Two games. Before that, 3 in 22, before that 6 in 29.

He's 23 and his entire career has been in League Two, where other than 10 games he's done nothing.

It would come across as a pretty desperate move and I don't even think he's one who would be a useful player to have in League One next season if we went down.

It would suggest to me we have absolutely no money to fill a key position. 

Jake Young is a player who could be a great championship striker just don’t know if this is the season for us to test that idea. He can score goals, get assists and is physically capable as he’s fast aswell as standing at 6 foot 2. He’s just 23 and the type of striker he is, his prime will probably will be 29/30. If it does happen hopefully it works out but it’s obviously a gamble.

Seen a few you tube clips of young, drifts wide a lot. If this rumour is true would expect barkhuisen and Washington possibly off. Barkhuisen didn't do his chances much help last night even I know he weren't the only one