Transfer rumours

Selling/lending manager - “so Paul, what’s your football philosophy?”

PW - “well I like to get men behind the ball, have 30% possession and hit them on the counter for a 1-0”

Selling manager “OK thanks, I won’t be sending my player to you”

Ill be honest, budget aside which I know is tight and some loan fees are silly, why would you want your loan player, especially if they are attacking/creative, come to us?

58 minutes ago, Srg said:

Presumably that's Kaide Gordon? Since moving, he's had his injury troubles at Liverpool, detailed here by Klopp https://www.thisisanfield.com/2023/12/jurgen-klopp-details-gruelling-injury-layoff-for-kaide-gordon-and-plans-for-him-now/, but was playing again towards the end of last season. And his bro is in the Academy here. Might we be in for him?

10 minutes ago, dajstrawb said:

If we somehow managed to sign Ben Doak I think I would be speechless 

Whoever gets him will be very lucky, extremely good player. All of those Liverpool players have high aspirations in the game, no doubt we will be in for one or two of them. Morton is extremely highly rated too and was excellent last season. 

Kaide Gordon is an interesting one, perhaps might be more suited to League One where he can beat up on some bad teams and get a run of games. 

In order of who I would like:

Doak
Bajcetic
Morton
McConnell 
Beck
Gordon
Scanlon
Blair
Pitaluga

I suspect that we are realistically looking at McConnell downwards. The top 3 will be well out of reach.

3 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Whoever gets him will be very lucky, extremely good player. All of those Liverpool players have high aspirations in the game, no doubt we will be in for one or two of them. Morton is extremely highly rated too and was excellent last season. 

Kaide Gordon is an interesting one, perhaps might be more suited to League One where he can beat up on some bad teams and get a run of games. 

In order of who I would like:

Doak
Bajcetic
Morton
McConnell 
Beck
Gordon
Scanlon
Blair
Pitaluga

I suspect that we are realistically looking at McConnell downwards. The top 3 will be well out of reach.

Werent we linked with McConnell earlier in the window? He can play attacking mid so could be the one we have been waiting for.

Edited by DCFC1388

1 minute ago, DCFC1388 said:

Werent we linked with McConnell earlier in the window?

Yes, along with a number of clubs. He did well in cup games for Liverpool last season - including the final against Chelsea. 

He isn’t an attacking player, though, so I can’t imagine he is on our radar.